My computer runs slower after I cleaned it...HELP!

terryjk58

I've recently installed CCleaner. I ran it a couple of times and it seemed to work ok, not a lot of difference, but a bit faster. Yesterday I did the same thing, but as soon as I was done, my computer ran a LOT slower. I thought this was supposed to do the opposite. I even downloaded the Defraggler, thinking it might help. nothing.Did I do something wrong? I don't know what's going on, but it's driving me nuts. I'm running on Windows XP using firefox. PLEASE, SOMEONE HELP! Thanks!

There are quite a number of options you can do to resolve it but since your PC did not get slower immediately after you ran CCleaner, I assume, the problem is not there.

Try doing another registry scan with CCleaner. There is a chance that there is a failing program that is causing registry bugs in your system, making it slow.

You can also try using check disk. Go to My Computer> right click your C: drive or the primary partition> choose Properties> Tools > Error Checking option, click Check Now> uncheck the automatically fix system errors since you are currently using the primary partition> check the scan for and attempt recovery of bad sectors> close all your running programs and start the scan which should take some time, depending on the size of your hard drive.

Or if these measures fail, try doing a system restore, otherwise if this fails as well, you may have to look or scan for a virus or reformat the system on occasion.

I love computer maintenance tasks.

Some of my favorite programs:

Wordpad -basic word processing

Notepad - temporary clipboard and basic scripting module

Windows Media Player 12- video, music and online radio player

Windows Media Center - live TV, local FM radio

CCleaner- handy computer maintenance tool

If something fails to work after using the registry cleaner, use SYSTEM RESTORE.