Recuva Opens and Immediately Closes after install

Snakedust

Odd problem. Installed Recuva 1.35, left the "start" box checked and completed installation. The program screen opened for about half a second and then closed. Checked other desktop shortcuts to see if any others were affected - no. Ran from cmd line using /debug option - didn't capture anything other than start-up. So, uninstalled / reinstalled. Same result. Unintalled, then installed selecting Deutsch as the language. Same result. Scanned with Antivirus, Malware Bytes, Spybot S&D, and a couple other tools on-hand, but all say the machine is clean. I'm stumped.

Suggestions? Need to use the tool, and hesitate to download anyone else's file recovery option - I'm a Piriform fan.

I'm also a computer tech.

Snakedust

Thanks, Hazelnut. The installer is 3.59MB.

Should have mentioned that I initially downloaded from a site other than Piriform, when that didn't work, I downloaded directly from Piriform.

Just used Firefox to download the file - also 3.59MB - installed, and same problem occurs.

About two years ago, I had a similar problem with CCleaner. The cause in that case was a piece of junkware blocking CCleaner AND access to Piriform site. Thus, all the scanning this time before I showed up here.

Snakedust