Non-Administrative use of CC

pkh

Hi,

I am not the administrator of the computer that CC is going to be installed. I read in FAQ'S that I may use CC as a non-administrator, but my use will be restricted and some files may not be deleted. My question: specifically what files will not be deleted? I need to have cookies and flash cookies (LSO's) deleted as well as temporary files, history and cache history. Will I be able to accomplish all this without being the administrator? The administrator will be here some of the time, but not always.

It seems to delete stuff under your account, i.e. c:\users\<your_account_name>\, plus registry entries that belong to you.

Hey, got a question for your two. When you install CClean using the restricted account, does it create a program group? When I do that, it doesn't create anything, no program group, nor icons. Just wondering if it is specific to my system. thanks.

It seems to delete stuff under your account, i.e. c:\users\<your_account_name>\, plus registry entries that belong to you.

Hey, got a question for your two. When you install CClean using the restricted account, does it create a program group? When I do that, it doesn't create anything, no program group, nor icons. Just wondering if it is specific to my system. thanks.

I don't know, since I have not installed CC yet. I am still trying to convince the administrator of the computer that it is a good thing and it will not intefere with his Norton 360. I am sure some of the "veterans" of this site will be able to answer your question.