Internet Explorer 7 vs CCleaner?

Tom AZ

Generally, when I run CCleaner, a pretty good chunk of the junk it finds is "Internet Explorer -- Temporary Internet Files." Except on rare occasions, I don't even use Internet Explorer -- I use Firefox almost exclusively.

So, what's all of this stuff that continually needs cleaning from Internet Explorer??

• Moderators

some things Microsoft includes the ie cache:

Microsoft word

Outlook (though if you use FF I doubt you use Outlook)

Windows Media Player

there may be more post a log (right click temporary internet files, choose analyze, right click the results and save the log, then post it here)

e.g.

ANALYSIS COMPLETE - (0.118 secs)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1.19 MB to be removed. (Approximate size)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Details of files to be deleted (Note: No files have been deleted yet)

Internet Explorer - Temporary Internet Files 1,222 KB 5 files

C:\Users\XXXX\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Content.Word\~WRS{6D04FF31-5C0F-4587-9983-AF6907069529}.tmp 2 KB

C:\Users\XXXX\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Content.Word\~WRS{778C1D9E-D72D-441A-ADC5-B213A0E20815}.tmp 1 KB

C:\Users\XXXX\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Content.Word\~WRS{A1CFF880-A41D-4899-B51C-1AC15308D5C4}.tmp 72 KB

C:\Users\XXXX\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Content.Word\~WRS{FE11B3E0-965E-4C83-9159-515D7CCC1EE4}.tmp 1,116 KB

C:\Users\XXXX\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Low\Content.IE5\index.dat 32 KB

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com