cpu temperture

~wolfie~

Does anyone know why speccy only shows the cpu temp on duo's or quads ? i am running several others with a pent 4 and a pent D , both are hyper threaded so technically they are dual processors (the D has two cores the 4 does not ) and show up as so but not the core temp on either , all the other pc's with both intel and amd that are quads or duo's do show the core temp , is this a bios/cmos issue or is it the age of the two pc's mentioned ?

Does anyone know why speccy only shows the cpu temp on duo's or quads ? i am running several others with a pent 4 and a pent D , both are hyper threaded so technically they are dual processors (the D has two cores the 4 does not ) and show up as so but not the core temp on either , all the other pc's with both intel and amd that are quads or duo's do show the core temp , is this a bios/cmos issue or is it the age of the two pc's mentioned ?

Wolfie, a very good question well asked.

I have only been using Speccy for several weeks, first on my test PC running Win 7, a P4 2.8Ghz Hyper threading, and now using on my main PC Intel core Duo E8200, Win XP with the same results as you.

No core temp on the Test PC, yet core 1 and core 2 temp on the Intel Duo.

A CPU usage widget on the Test PC shows both usage figures for core 1 and core 2 (hyper thread), so I like you was expecting core temp to be shown.

Perhaps this is because Speccy is still in Beta, is this so Piriform.

Regards

Tasgandy

Always With Kind Regards

Tasgandy

"one is never too old to listen & learn"