How to uninstall MapleStory?

MamaCee

I hope I'm in the right place... I have discovered a game on my C drive called MapleStory by Nexon. It's taking up tons of space. There's no uninstaller, it doesn't show up in CCleaner or in Add/Remove Programs.

I have found this post: "In the event that you truly want to get rid of it, you will need to delete the entire folder where it was located (I?m well aware that not all of the files may delete), then reboot your system, run a virus scan and spyware scan, then reboot again into SAFE MODE, hit the WIndows+R key to get a RUN command, type in explorer, hit enter, then navigate to the folder where it was located, then delete it again. You may have to eventually edit your registry to fully remove it, as there are literally hundreds of websites with complaints from people who can?t seem to remove this program from their system, and NEXON offers NO help in removing it, as they deliberately made it very hard to get rid of."

I'm going to go through all this :angry: but I thought I'd check here as well.

Thanks for any hints or advice!

Hello and welcome to the forum. This is nothing to do with ccleaner so your topic maybe moved.

I have never heard of this game but i would suggest downloding http://filehippo.com/download_unlocker/

This application will allow you to kill any processes stopping you from deleting the folder.

Once this has been deleted the trouble you will find is left over reg keys. Id suggest then running ccleaners registry tool, make sure you back up before you delete.

Now with out personally installing this Application i cant see what entrys it creates on install.

Have you checked the installer to see if it can uninstall? I have had a ew programs in my time that dont include an uninstaller but allow you to repair or uninstall in the installaer.

Apparently ehsvc.dll file is a malware file

No fate but what we make

• Moderators

After the above ideas, you could try Revo Uninstaller on the off chance it may pick up either a "Maplestory" or "Nexon" entry.

Download: (Freeware)

Did you also look in the "C:\Program Files" folder for Maplestory or Nexon folders. There may be an uninstall.exe file in there, although from what I've read about that program I don't hold out much hope. Worth a look.

If you have to do it manually, look in these areas for folders to delete, and better deleted in Safe Mode before anything locks them up.

C:\Program Files.

C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data.

Enable "Show Hidden Files And Folders" for this one:

C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Local Settings\Application Data.

Post back if you get problems with any of this, and note ... you can run CCleaner in Safe Mode.