Defraggler freezes on Windows 7

Bonder5

I can run Defraggler successfully on the 1TB 'second' hard drive on my Windows 7 machine. But when I run Defraggler on my primary drive (the drive with Windows on it), it analyzes the drive successfully, processes a few dozen files and then gets hung up, and the entire machine freezes and needs to be rebooted. Several times the hang has been when processing small temporary internet files; when I deleted those files it hung up on an iTunes database file. I have yet to see a pattern.

Malwarebytes has come up clean, as has disk check. I've tried a clean boot (disabling services & startups in msconfig). But the machine even hangs the same way when I run defraggler in Windows safe mode.

I would very much appreciate any suggestions or advice. As far as I can tell the machine & Win 7 are running perfectly except for this inability to run windows defrag or defraggler. Thanks!

Perhaps you could run in debug mode and attach result here for the devs to look at

http://docs.piriform.com/defraggler/troubl...r-in-debug-mode

Thank for that suggestion! The debug log file is attached, hopefully there is a good clue in there. Once again, the machine was completely unresponsive & I had to reboot.

-Barry

Defraggler.exe._1_15_163__2009_11_05_07_25_.txt

Defraggler.exe._1_15_163__2009_11_05_07_25_.txt