Saving & Backup of All Settings of CCleaner

sweidre

<_< I suggest a possibility to save & export all settings of CCleaner into a text file, which can be imported back to CCleaner, if needed!

The reason for this is that I personally lose settings very often when I reboot my computer. Under "Options -> Include" I have a long list of folders & files, that should be deleted & wiped, when I run CCleaner. After reboots some lines are missing (sometimes just a few, sometimes maybe 50% of the lines). It is very annoying to add the missing lines again one by one manually! :(

:rolleyes: Therfore, I suggest, that:

1.) CCleaner should be provided with a "save" or "OK" button to get all settings saved, and/or

2.) CCleaner should have an option to save (export) all settings into a text-file, that can be imported back to CCleaner.

Bye,

sweidre

Cheers,

sweidre

Win XP Home, (IE8), Avant Browser, Flock, CometBird, ZoneAlarm Pro, NOD32 AV 4, Zemana Antilogger, Trojan Hunter, a-squared Anti-Malware, CCleaner, R-Wipe&Clean, ShadowUser,

• Moderators

1. Start CCleaner then go into 'Options->Advanced' and tick 'Save all settings to INI file'

2. Open the folder where CCleaner is installed and you'll have all the settings stored into: ccleaner.ini

Backup that file regularly if you make changes, and you'll be able to restore those settings simply by copying ccleaner.ini into the CCleaner program folder.

Ref: Saving & Backup of All Settings of CCleaner

Thanks for your reply Andavari! :D

I can now see, that all my settings are saved in the INI file! Very Good!

For me this case and thread can now be closed! :D

:) Cheers,

sweidre

Cheers,

sweidre

Win XP Home, (IE8), Avant Browser, Flock, CometBird, ZoneAlarm Pro, NOD32 AV 4, Zemana Antilogger, Trojan Hunter, a-squared Anti-Malware, CCleaner, R-Wipe&Clean, ShadowUser,