is winapp2.ini topic still updated?

purpler

• Moderators

winapp2 is mostly a guidline to get you started

twistedmetal says he's found little to update in it

However you are always welcome to place your ini additions and, recently a topic was added for just that purpose. Metal says he plans on doing another set of changes at some point but has yet to do it.

Note Winapp2 on this forum is a user created and maintained thing, not Official Piriform

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

@ Nergal "twistedmetal says he's found little to update in it" that's kind of funny because I sent him in a few suggestions that I thought should be added but he never replied to me.

as for it being mostly being a guide for new users i also sent him some information that wasn't posted anywhere on this site (i found some useful LangSecRef numbers that were not listed) but he didn't get back to me on that either.

i also try to asking him if it was possible to detect the existence of a folder (instead of a file or registry key) (in case you have a program that doesn't place any keys in the registry but stores randomly named date stamped mru or lists in a know en folder. i had some progames that did that and it was quite annoying to have to delete the files they generated manually)

OFF TOPIC

CCleaner needs the ability the to clean multiple user-profiles (or at least have the option if it is being run by an/THE administrator)

oh and yes i am a ghost who just sort of pops up when you least expect it.

• Moderators

@Strife Please share your ideas for winapp2 we'd love to see them (as I said there's even a thread for that)

Yes you can detect other things besides keys

example

DetectFile=%ProgramFiles%\Safari\Safari.exe

Offtopic:

I disagree and this is discussed elsewhere so maybe we can continue that in one of those billion threads

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com