default settings

romath

Shouldn't saving the .ini files be on by default? It seems standard for software and especially necessary given the kinds of cleaning CCC does. Until someone steered me to the option, I'd been losing the list of recent Word files and who knows what else with each update off CCC.

I think it would be hard to find someone who actually thought about it, or had it explained to them, that would disagree. Maintaning settings, or offering the choice, with each update is SOP with applications. For software of CCC's kind, i.e., the kind that can do damage, it should be a no brainer.

I think a popup during install would be better. It could just ask if one wants the old settings transferred when it's relevant. Because a transfer isn't possible very often because new features, options, programs etc. are added and old ones disappear or get new functionalities. This is the case almost every time CCleaner's staff issues an update.

By the way: only two Cs in CCleaner's name. :)

I never typed it that way myself but I use to verbally say "CC Cleaner" for ages,

until I was reminded it wasn't CrapCrapCleaner :)

It may be because "C Cleaner" doesn't roll off the tongue the same.

fireryone

I think a popup during install would be better. It could just ask if one wants the old settings transferred when it's relevant. Because a transfer isn't possible very often because new features, options, programs etc. are added and old ones disappear or get new functionalities. This is the case almost every time CCleaner's staff issues an update.

By the way: only two Cs in CCleaner's name. :)

I agree about a pop up, which is a common method. What puzzles me is that given how long CC has been out and about, a stink hasn't been raised about this. I must be missing something, because on the face of it to treat users' choices as if they don't exist seems somewhere between insensitive and arrogant.