MS Access dialer function fails after sweep with CCleaner

Wang L

After sweeping a PC (windows XP sp3) with CCleaner (V2.23.999) with all options choosen, i.e. all options on the application tab as well, a dialer function in a MS-access application fails.

When hitting the dial button in the apllication, error Run-time error '8012' The device is not open is displayed.

Before and after the CCleaner run no changes to the PC- or software configuration were made.

The VBA-code in MS Access (2003) functions well. The last command in the sub executed is: Call Shell(DialDir & "Dial.exe 4 3 0" + Nummer). Then the error message is generated.

If the program from the last command, dial.exe, is executed on the command line then things seem to work fine.

On the PC is an ISDN-phone device connected over the com3 port. In Access the object library ARION Isdn controls V1.0 is loaded.

Would anyone out there know what can cause this problem or know how to trace the cause?

• Moderators

I'm afraid this is a bit beyond me for ideas really.

Found a post here about the error but you may have already seen it (scroll to the bottom of the page for the comments)

http://www.experts-exchange.com/Programmin...Q_21760025.html

Also untick MS Office/Access under ccleaner applications.

Will move this thread to ccleaner discussion.

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

If you have issue viewing the answers (as i did) just Google the tile of the page

"Mscomm 8012 Run-Time Error" and click the first link (same page but now you can scroll down and the answers are visible)

fireryone

I had some strange runtime errors in the beginning of the year but a visit to Microsoft Update cured it for me. I used the Custom button. Not the Express button. This is important because the update is not offered from the usual Express service. Secunia PSI found another Visual Basic update for me recently. Even though I have automatic update turned on...

I'm afraid this is a bit beyond me for ideas really.

Found a post here about the error but you may have already seen it (scroll to the bottom of the page for the comments)

http://www.experts-exchange.com/Programmin...Q_21760025.html

Also untick MS Office/Access under ccleaner applications.

Will move this thread to ccleaner discussion.

Thanks anyway. I'll sign up with experts exchange to see if the solution fits my problem.

Don't hand over any money to them (unless you really want to post there) as you can view the answers for free,

as I said do a Google search for the page then scroll to the bottom of the page and there are the answers without signing up.

fireryone

• Moderators
Don't hand over any money to them (unless you really want to post there) as you can view the answers for free,

as I said do a Google search for the page then scroll to the bottom of the page and there are the answers without signing up.

Firery, that's neat. Who would have thought to scroll right down the page.

:)

• Moderators

It just goes to show, I thought everyone knew about scrolling to the bottom of those page..

Thing is what I didn't know is that when I post a link to that site as I did above, no one else can scroll down to the bottom of it.

They have to google for the topic title as Firey said THEN they can scroll to the bottom.

Weird :)

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

I only figured the "google it" thing this topic after clickling your link,

(then remembering someone else couldn't scroll to the bottom of one I posted in another topic, but if I clicked it I could still scroll and see the answers.)

So I figured EE are monitoring what page you come from and modifying the page as such.

fireryone