CCleaner 2.21

henriette

Hello :)

got XP Pro.

Can I still stay with CCleaner 2.21.940 although 2.24.1010 is released :huh:

Reason is that later versions have other "GUI" or such according to user-comments.

Ever so thankful for help

henriette :rolleyes:

nobody knows - only my nose knows ...

• Moderators

Hi henriette.

You can stay with whichever version suits you best, but I'm not sure what you mean about the GUI. This is simply the Graphic User Interface, which is sometimes updated to make CCleaner look better, or be more functional.

The GUI doesn't affect how CCleaner does it's job, just how it looks, so moving to the latest version would be fine with XP Pro.

Hope that helps.

Hiya DennisD,

I'm not sure what you mean about the GUI

eg from JDPower:

http://forum.piriform.com/index.php?showtopic=24453

Although I can't tell what he means by that. Also read some 'negative' user-comments about earlier versions - after 2.21.940. That is why I haven't upgraded yet. :unsure:

Read though about bugfixes eg 'system restore'.

Certainly would this be great.

I just cannot decide to upgrade to a later version since - as I understood - "things" are displayed different or not at all anymore --> cannot find these user-comments anymore.

Maybe you will find it :huh:

to be ever so kind enough to tell me which version would be best for me.

Also please tell me if I have to uninstall the present version GENERALLY (losing all settings!) before installing a later version. :unsure:

As you said:

User Interface, which is sometimes updated to make CCleaner look better, or be more functional.

that just is it what I read in 'negative' user-comments who said that some functions (or so) are missing compared to version 2.21 - and that is why I ask you. The new version should look the same as 2.21 to NOT confuse me too much :rolleyes:

The GUI doesn't affect how CCleaner does it's job, just how it looks, so moving to the latest version would be fine with XP Pro

Thank you so much

henriette :)

• Moderators

Hi henriette, I see exactly what you mean now.

Instead of listing every individual file in the CCleaner analyze\clean window, CCleaner by default now lists a summary of the areas cleaned. As shown here:

75e20fda7870.jpg

If you double click an item, you will get the full list of files for that particular area, and if you right click an item you get a menu with a couple of extra options, including listing all the files in a particular area. As shown here:

cd2a1f631a9a.jpg

Selecting "View Detailed Results" is the same as double clicking, and once opened, the window will now look like this:

71af77e3b384.jpg

Many members are requesting the return of the old type display, while many others prefer the new.

Regardless of which display you prefer, CCleaner still works in exactly the same way.

Hope that helps.

• Moderators

The biggest changes recently are the results list and how it displays things in categories.

While some users love the new design there's others including myself that don't like it which is why we've stuck with version 2.21.

Don't let our decisions sway you, the decision should be yours and yours alone. If you don't like the new design you can always go back a few versions, but do realize using an older version means you'll also be sticking with one that hasn't had bug fixes that a more recent version has fixed.

@DennisD + Andavari :)

thank you both for your detailed infos *thumbs upppp*

Unfortunately you did not answer my question:

Do I have to uninstall the present version GENERALLY (losing all settings!) before installing a later version.

According to the screenshots I would install v2.24.1010 - the latest - although I read that it's a beta version. Still a trial or reliable :huh:

Also tend to the latest version because of the bugfixes.

henriette :)

In most cases you wont have to uninstall ccleaner before installing the latest version.

If you have issues then a clean install (ie. uninstall first) may help.

And no, the current version on ccleaner is not a beta.

fireryone

DennisD,

I missed that part about "upgrading" in your post.

Don't worry DennisD - fireyone answered that.

You were of such great help with your screenshots for 'looking into it in advance'. *thumbs uppppppp*

Meanwhile I uninstalled 2.21 and installed CCleaner 2.24.1010.

Is working fine ;)

henriette :):):)