Firefox 3.5.3

Badcompany

Hello Forum,

In Firefox extensions I can't update or uninstall any of the programs i have: adblock Plus / NoSript don't know the reason why.Any ideas, Thanks. I have Firefox set to Auto update.

Badcompany.

Ps... Problem Solved, Reinstalled FF.

Dr.Web Security Space / SAS.Pro./ WinPatrol.

Possibly the catch has messed up.

Delete these three files. It will not harm firefox in any way or change anything.

filePath = "C:\Documents and Settings\Sam\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\5jzf3e8r.default\extensions.cache"filePath2 = "C:\Documents and Settings\Sam\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\5jzf3e8r.default\extensions.ini"filePath3 = "C:\Documents and Settings\Sam\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\5jzf3e8r.default\extensions.rdf"

I pasted this from a script i wrote so edit the user name and your profile folder will be different.

No fate but what we make

Possibly the catch has messed up.

Delete these three files. It will not harm firefox in any way or change anything.

filePath = "C:\Documents and Settings\Sam\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\5jzf3e8r.default\extensions.cache"filePath2 = "C:\Documents and Settings\Sam\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\5jzf3e8r.default\extensions.ini"filePath3 = "C:\Documents and Settings\Sam\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\5jzf3e8r.default\extensions.rdf"

I pasted this from a script i wrote so edit the user name and your profile folder will be different.

Hi ident,

I could only find this:

Badcompany

post-14837-1253915938_thumb.png

post-14837-1253915938_thumb.png

Yes, thats your profile. Open that "5jzf3e8r.default" is different for every one.

Three files are contained inside.

sam

No fate but what we make

The files sam mentioned are there, although you would need to go into "Tools\Folder Options\View" and scroll down to the "Hide Extensions For Known File Types" box and uncheck it to see the ini extension.

Hi DennisD,

Ok, found all three files thanks.Will delete.

Bc

Hi Boys,

Since deleteing the files I now can't add attachments screenshots etc in my forums.I click on attachments but it is dead.This is only a problem in FF. I have no problem IE & Google Chrome.

Badcompany.

• Moderators

Can't think why that would happen by deleting those files.

Try running Firefox in "Safe Mode", and see if the same thing happens. I've seen references to this problem caused by one Firefox extension or another.

That being the case, the culprit could possibly be the update to one of your extensions.

Worth a try.

Can't think why that would happen by deleting those files.

Try running Firefox in "Safe Mode", and see if the same thing happens. I've seen references to this problem caused by one Firefox extension or another.

That being the case, the culprit could possibly be the update to one of your extensions.

Worth a try.

Hi DennisD,

Tried for 1 hr, in the end I Reinstalled FF. Back to normal. Its computer gremlins again.

Badcompany.

Hi Boys,

Since deleteing the files I now can't add attachments screenshots etc in my forums.I click on attachments but it is dead.This is only a problem in FF. I have no problem IE & Google Chrome.

Badcompany.

Sounds like no script again. I would not rely on using the menu that pops up. Add the site manually to the whitelist.

No fate but what we make