Opera

hines232

• Moderators

CCleaner was configured for a while to clean Opera 10 Beta, but since the official release of Opera 10 Final, it's understandably been configured to clean the default locations of the Final release.

I had the same problem as you, as I installed all versions from the first Opera 10 beta to the final release in the same folder. Unfortunately, the install of Opera 10 Final left the installation folders with the Beta name. I personally blame Opera for this, not CCleaner.

My only solution was to backup necessary settings files and folders, completely remove all traces of the Beta install, and then do a clean install of Opera 10 Final.

It has been discussed before, and maybe this will help. It refers initially to Opera 9 folders, but the problem is the same.

http://forum.piriform.com/index.php?showtopic=24035

If there's an easier way to do it, I'm not aware of it I'm afraid.

• Moderators

I could be wrong, but I don't think CCleaner will be changed to accommodate people like you and I who used the same folder for installations.

I believed that when I eventually installed Opera 10 Final, that the install would be just that, and the folder names etc would reflect that it was no longer a beta version.

Sadly I was wrong, which resulted in my having to do a complete clean out and fresh install.

Mind you, it isn't a bad thing to back up the folders and files mentioned in that linked to post. I do that anyway, and the size of the backed up folders and files is pretty small. My backup folder is only 7mb.

Hope that helps, and of course post back if you do this and need any further assistance.

Is it just me or does Opera create directories in three different places?

The first one is the obvious one which is the program files folder.

My install also created:

a) Documents and Settings\user\Application Data\Opera\Opera

This contains the dat files

b_Documents and Settings\user\Local Settings\Application Data\Opera\Opera

This contains the cache