Cookie listbox refreshing?

John G.

I noticed this a few versions back -- I'm not exactly sure when. I mainly use CCleaner for cookie cleanup to get rid of cookies from sites that I don't want to have persistent cookies for me. So, fairly regularly, I go into the Cookie list and move a few to the "Cookies to Keep" section. (Then I go and have it clean and wipe the rest.) Recently, two changes started bothering me:

1. It used to just fill the list from top to bottom alphabetically as it was searching. This allowed me to start looking at the list as it searched. Now, it adds them as it finds them (and not alphabetically) and then does a refresh at the very end to alphabetize them. This makes it fairly worthless to look at the list as it loads/searches.

2. More importantly and a much bigger issue to me... It now refreshes the Cookie list EVERY time you move one to the "Cookies to Keep" column on the right. So, if you have a bunch of cookies, you lose your spot every time you move one to the "keep" list! This is really a pain actually. Previous versions did not do that -- they just removed the cookie from the list and left it positioned exactly where it was before.

Can at least #2 be corrected? It doesn't really need to do a listbox refresh just because we removed an item, does it? #1 isn't as big of an issue -- as I can just wait now before I start looking through the cookies.

Thanks!

- John...

• Moderators

I don't have this behaviour. I get an immediate alpha list, so fast that looking at anything whilst it's loading is not even contemplatable. If I move a cookie from one list to another the list doesn't refresh, the cookie is just moved, but I loose position in the list. I have about 50 cookies (I've just noticed that when I move the cursor with the arrow keys it moves two cookies at a time), maybe you have many more. I can't say that I recall anyone else commenting on this. Maybe you have a lot of flash cookies that are kept in one or more disparate folders, or cookies from several browsers, and that's why it's doing a refresh and taking longer to load.

But, again, it isn't the load time -- it is the fact that, when I move one, the list refreshes itself. You appear to not get that behavior though.

Are they using standard windows forms stuff, I assume? Maybe some update to .NET or something else is causing this?

- John...