9-9-09 BEATLES DAY

rridgely

• Moderators

I have been looking forward to the remastered Beatles catalog for a long time. And today is the day!

I got my box set in the mail and despite already owning ALL of these songs before I have to say that it was worth the money. I haven't listened to all of it yet(obviously) but from what I've heard so far the quality is definitely better. You can literally pick out stuff you couldn't before(different instruments, ect.) Its kind of like going from a crappy cassette recording to a quality mastered cd. Amazing.

Awesome day. :)

I still have the Beatles' British Parlophone blue box LP collection I bought in 1977 for $100. Only played once with a new needle, recorded onto cassette. Recently I've played the albums less than 2 times apiece, if that, still with a new needle, still crisp and clear, no pops or crackles. In order to fully complete the set I separately bought the British Parlophone Magical Mystery Tour LP (you chaps in England mostly had the EP 'half-album' version).

Best albums for me are

A Hard Days' Night

Revolver

White Album

Abbey Road

And for all those wondering, Her Majesty originally was to be placed between Mean Mr. Mustard and Polythene Pam, but they cut it and just moved it to way at the end of the master track. When played back, they forgot about it, then it came up and played. They liked how it popped out so they left it in just like on the master track. I have a CD of Abbey Road No. 8, a copy of the original master track, which sounds like it fell into John Lennons' pool & was fished out and left to dry in the sun in order to salvage it. Very poor quality, but it does have Her Majesty in its original line-up. And the whole Side 2 mixed-songs thing was called A Great Melody.