Bug arising when cleaning with CCleaner while OpenOffice is running

Pear

Hi,

I found a bug that prevents OpenOffice (v3.1.0) from saving a document after CCleaner has been run.

Steps to reproduce the problem:

1. Open a file in OpenOffice (I think you have to change something for the bug to arise).
  2. Run CCleaner including OpenOffice-files (The problem seems to be the cleaning of "C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\OpenOffice.org\3\user\registry\data\org\openoffice\Office\Histories.xcu").
  3. Try to save the file - you won't be able to. OpenOffice will show an error-message.

Maybe you can develop a workaround for this problem?

Thanks,

Pear

If this is an actual problem i guess you would have to skip. same as a broswer cleaning of open office if open.

No fate but what we make

Hi Pear, and welcome to the forum.

The developers welcome all reports of possible bugs.

If you went to the doctors and said it hurts when I do this, the doctor might tell you to just stop doing it. ;)

I don't have any other applications open when I run CCleaner for the very reason you have stated.

• Moderators
I don't have any other applications open when I run CCleaner for the very reason you have stated.

Long story made short, following that advice by Jamin4u will immediately solve the issue for any program that CCleaner is able to clean.

Another possibility is that some PORTABLE SOFTWARE applications may create a "status" file as they start,

so that when they close they can restore the system status (registry keys etc.) as it was.

This "status" file is temporary and only needed for the duration that rthe application is running.

I have seen such files in the appropriate location, i.e. temporary files - just what CCleaner loves to eat ! !

Open Office is available in a portable flavour.

Alan