Audio but no Video

dommy88

I have just used Recuva for the first time to recover files from a 16GB memory stick, that I had formatted twice.

I wasn't realy expecting it to work but much to my surprise It recvered over 100 files, I was excited until I found that it had only recovered the audio from the video files.

I had run the first attempt from the Wizard so I tried the Advanced mode slecting recover from non-deleted files, that didn't work either.

So my queiry is How can I get the video (8 folders ) to join up with the audio??

email removed by moderator to avoid spamming

• Moderators

Hi dommy, and welcome to Piriform.

I only have limited experience of using Recuva, but based upon a recent successful recovery of a number of albums containing music files, can I suggest the following.

In "Options\General", set the View Mode to "Tree View", and in "Options\Actions", check the "Restore Folder Structure" box.

Scan again, and if you now get a "Tree View" listing the lost folders, try recovering them one by one.

I suggest this based upon this recent experience.

http://forum.piriform.com/index.php?showtopic=23991

I was lucky in that I'd only just deleted the files, and no format, but hopefully it may work for you. Good luck.

I tried the first suggestion again no joy, the AVI-MuxGUI i just couldn't understand due no doubt to my advancing years!! :(

I think the problem lies with the memory stick, an e-bay from china purchase, methinks that its not 16GB although properties shows that it is, because its telling me that its full @ 4GB. The mistake I made was to move 8 folders of finished movies instead of copying them.

When I opened the drive only the first 3 movies were ok when I hovered the mouse over the remaining five I got a load of mandarin gobbledegook.

Thanks for your input but I think I'm floging a dead horse trying to recuva the lost folders.

Frank dommy88 the best :( motorbike I ever had.