Recuva Recovered Documents (Microsoft Word)

Nikolai King

I know that a forum might be different from a question, but I am in serious trouble. I work on a computer in a different state, and was moving to another state and had to, in a hurry, gather all my data, documents, everything from that computer (not the whole drive) to the new computer. I am a writer and I work on books. There were two documents that never made the trip, I couldn't find them at all! So I searched my new computer and then the old one using Logmein (the reason I am telling you this is so I get all detail in). I did a full length search without any luck and decided to use Recuva. Now I recovered one document (well two including the second part) out of the two (or three). The book is extremely important. For three years I worked on that book. When I found it in Recuva I looked at the state of it "very poor" Now I recovered it, said it was done successfully, but then something comes up:

MS_ERROR.doc :(

Is this encryption?! That picture?! If so I tried everything available on that, every option was came up even more messed up than before! What do I do? What happened to my document? Did it have something to do with the state it was in when recovered? Any possible way I can fix it? Please someone, help.

P.S. You don't have to safe the MS document I used to show you the image, just open with.

MS_ERROR.doc

• Moderators

the code that you see is "overwriting." meaning, at least part of the document was overwriten by another/other file(s) if you are trying to recover the file onto the same drive as you are trying to recover you can (and most likely will) actually cause more damage to the file. most likely the file will be irretrievable, from the looks of it. :( Take this as a lesson learned always backup your important work.

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com