How do you KEEP cookies

cherryredx

• Moderators

In ccleaner options>cookies.

Highlight the cookie you want to keep in the ''cookies to delete column by left-clicking on it once, and them press on the little arrow in the middle of the page that points to the 'cookies to keep' side.

This will tranfer the cookie to that list.

Should you want to move a cookie out of the 'keep' list, just highlight it and click on the middle arrow to sent it to the 'delete' side.

hope this helps :)

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

In ccleaner options>cookies.

Highlight the cookie you want to keep in the ''cookies to delete column by left-clicking on it once, and them press on the little arrow in the middle of the page that points to the 'cookies to keep' side.

This will tranfer the cookie to that list.

Should you want to move a cookie out of the 'keep' list, just highlight it and click on the middle arrow to sent it to the 'delete' side.

hope this helps :)

It doesn't - there are NEVER any cookies in the page for cookies - NEVER.

What operating system do you use?

Which browser?

Any proxies, sandboxes etc?

Do you have ccleaner configured to run at startup?

Firefox 3.5.2

Windows XP Home Service Pack 3

No proxies - no idea what a sandbox is and no CC Cleaner doesn't run unless I run it manually.

• Moderators

What happens if you use Internet Explorer and browse the internet for a while?

When you open ccleaner are there any cookies then?

Have you set up your browser never to save any cookies, or delete them on exit?

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

I'm using Windows 7 x64 with Firefox 3.5.2, and I'm not getting any cookies appearing in the CCleaner Options > Cookies menu. Is there anyway I can force it to keep cookies for certain sites?

The procedure for having CCleaner keep cookies for certain sites was given by hazelnut near the beginning of this thread. But of course your browser has to first generate/save the cookies so there can be some for CCleaner to keep. I wonder if your Firefox settings are preventing cookies from being saved, or it they're being deleted when Firefox is closed? If websites that you frequently visit act like they've never seen you before, that would be a clue that cookies are not being saved. Check your Firefox preferences, especially any dealing with privacy or security. I'd tell you exactly where to look, except I don't have Firefox on this machine. Good luck.

Ned

The procedure for having CCleaner keep cookies for certain sites was given by hazelnut near the beginning of this thread. But of course your browser has to first generate/save the cookies so there can be some for CCleaner to keep. I wonder if your Firefox settings are preventing cookies from being saved, or it they're being deleted when Firefox is closed? If websites that you frequently visit act like they've never seen you before, that would be a clue that cookies are not being saved. Check your Firefox preferences, especially any dealing with privacy or security. I'd tell you exactly where to look, except I don't have Firefox on this machine. Good luck.

Ned

I seem to be having this same issue and it started happening after I updated to Firefox version 3.5.2 I have checked my privacy tab and it is set to accept cookies & the cookies show up in the privacy tab's "show cookies" area of the browser, but NOT in the cookies area of CCleaner. FYI: cookies DO show up in the delete/keep area if I use Internet Explorer-7 (IE-8 has issues with my machine.)

Windows XP Pro, SP-3

Firefox version 3.5.2

Internet Explorer-7

Tom