Problem since installing CCleaner

Tribesman

• Moderators

I'm not sure if by Windows Mail, you mean Outlook Express or Windows Live Mail, as I've just read on one site that it's the new name for Outlook Express.

If the latter (Windows Live Mail), the login details are held in a cookie called "login.live.com". In "CCleaner\Option\Cookies", you'll need to move that cookie from the left pane to the right.

I've just accessed the other site you mention, and in the same window you'll find a "utvinternet.com" cookie which you also need to move across.

Hope that helps.

I'm not sure if by Windows Mail, you mean Outlook Express or Windows Live Mail, as I've just read on one site that it's the new name for Outlook Express.

If the latter (Windows Live Mail), the login details are held in a cookie called "login.live.com". In "CCleaner\Option\Cookies", you'll need to move that cookie from the left pane to the right.

I've just accessed the other site you mention, and in the same window you'll find a "utvinternet.com" cookie which you also need to move across.

Hope that helps.

Its Windows Live Mail:

I have moved across like you said the following: login.live.com and utvinternet.com but logon to mail.utvinternet.com still appears when i try to access my mail. I think there must be another little one i need to move across????/

Its Windows Live Mail:

I have moved across like you said the following: login.live.com and utvinternet.com but logon to mail.utvinternet.com still appears when i try to access my mail. I think there must be another little one i need to move across????/

If you clear cookies and confirm nothing remains on the left side and then close CCleaner,

then login for mail access and possibly read one but do NOT click through on any link, then logout,

then launch CCleaner and you will probably find the relevant cookie(s) on the left and ready to be kept.

Alan

If you clear cookies and confirm nothing remains on the left side and then close CCleaner,

then login for mail access and possibly read one but do NOT click through on any link, then logout,

then launch CCleaner and you will probably find the relevant cookie(s) on the left and ready to be kept.

Alan

I done exactly as you said a couple of times, and there was nothing on the left hand side to bring to the right, and i still have to log into Mail utvinternet every time i want to send/receive. But mail comes in auto. ok. Any other idea of what could be happening. I might have to get in touch with utvinternet . i will see if you can think of what it might be first as its alot of hastle with ringing them?

• Moderators

When I went to that site, I only accessed it. I didn't sign in to a web mail, so the cookie I got was the normal thing they deposit on anyones pc.

But after messing around today on that site, I generated a few different cookies:

0a07cc66e39c.jpg

You need to login to your mail, close down, and then come back to CCleaner, making sure you launch (not run) CCleaner after you do the logging in bit for it to pick up any relevant cookies.

Move all cookies from that site across to the right pane, to save searching for the right one, and then see if your details are retained.

If this doesn't work, we can look elsewhere.

When I went to that site, I only accessed it. I didn't sign in to a web mail, so the cookie I got was the normal thing they deposit on anyones pc.

But after messing around today on that site, I generated a few different cookies:

0a07cc66e39c.jpg

You need to login to your mail, close down, and then come back to CCleaner, making sure you launch (not run) CCleaner after you do the logging in bit for it to pick up any relevant cookies.

Move all cookies from that site across to the right pane, to save searching for the right one, and then see if your details are retained.

If this doesn't work, we can look elsewhere.