Serious conflict ccleaner - malwarebytes antimalware

Watcher

I have this problem:

While cleaning the system with the latest version of Piriform CCleaner, MBAM interrupts with this message that a trojan downloader has been detected, named "downloads.sqlite", located in the folder AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\57m0070k.default\

When I try to put it into quarantine both CCleaner and MBAM freeze, and a restart of the system is required. Then I find that the file is not quarantined.

What is strange is that MBAM does not mark the file as bad during a manual scan.

On virus total it is also marked 100% safe.

How can I solve this repeated popup from MBAM?

Update, since I uninstalled the newest version, reinstalled the previous, and reinstall the newest again, the problem seems to have solved itself. But perhaps I am jumping the gun.

• 2 weeks later...

Perhaps you misunderstood. It is not malware that is the problem. It is the action ccleaner performs that is considered dangerous by my antimalware program (Malwarebytes Antimalware).

My antimalware program stops the ccleaner cleaning up the files. This means that ccleaner itself is regarded as acting suspiciously. WHich it doesn't, it is a false positive.

Perhaps you misunderstood. It is not malware that is the problem. It is the action ccleaner performs that is considered dangerous by my antimalware program (Malwarebytes Antimalware).

My antimalware program stops the ccleaner cleaning up the files. This means that ccleaner itself is regarded as acting suspiciously. WHich it doesn't, it is a false positive.

It is a false positive given by Antimalware - that is what needs fixing.

A Google search for "Malwarebytes Antimalware forum" gave 658,000 results.

Top result is http://www.malwarebytes.org/forums/index.php?showforum=41

That starts with 8 important and pinned topics, 2 of which are :-

Basic procedures to correct freezing or disappearing program issues with McAfee VirusScan Enterprise 8.x

Basic procedures to correct freezing or disappearing program issues with Trend Internet Security Pro.

Please visit there, and and if those solutions do not help, post your problem there and you may be rewarded with

Basic procedures to correct freezing or disappearing program issues with "Junk and Temporary file cleaners"

Deleting a file is always potentially dangerous

I will forgive protective software for making a mistake distinguishing between potentially and actually dangerous,

BUT ONLY if it suspends the "dangerous" action whilst it gives an alert and awaits my instructions.

Also high on the list of benefits that Comodo gives me is the ability to be told "this is O.K. now and in the future."

If Antimalware has so much trouble with CCleaner deleting a file,

what will happen when 1001 applications are installed and then updated / deleted ?

Even worse, if Antimalware locks up solid when you ask it to quarantine an innocent file,

can you depend upon Antimalware to be more effective than a wet paper bag if it meets a virus ?

Comodo CIS does have a "Nanny Mode" that sounds like your Antimalware.

It will block all "dangerous" stuff, but does not alert and therefore cannot be given permission to Allow.

I liked the idea that my non-administrator daughter would not be able to authorise anything risky,

but after 2 days I could no longer live in Nanny Mode.

Alan