adding programs to winapp2.ini

jport

i'm hoping that someone would be kind enough to help me out?

i've read thru the tutorial on the Piriform Docs link and i understand how to write the code for specific applications to be added. the only problem is that you have to specify a specific folder in which to "clean". i'm trying to figure out how to do the path name for either a FileKey or a RegKey that will clean out Sony Vegas' *.sfk files as well as PProCS4's *.pek & *.cfa files.

if your not familiar with these files, they are self generated extensions created when i work with either Vegas or Premiere. the problem is that they're not in a common folder, but scattered throughout my work drives depending on what "project folder" i'm working on at the time.

here's my attempt at Sony Vegas code:

[sony Vegas_sfk]

Section=MorePrograms

DetectFile=C:\Program Files\Sony\Vegas Pro 8.0

Default=True

FileKey1=%userprofile%|*.sfk

RegKey1=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts|*.sfk

RegKey2=HKU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts|*.sfk

i've also tried "custom files & folders", but that also requires a specific location. thanks for any help you can give me.

• Moderators

I don't know if CCleaner is going to let you use this for safety reasons:

FileKey1=%userprofile%|*.sfk

However you could try it with this instead, don't know if it will work though:

FileKey1=%userprofile%|*.sfk|RECURSE

Perhaps use a batch file to recursively remove those files, you can find out how to use the DEL command via a command prompt by typing in:

del /?

Edited by Andavari
Added the middle part with |RECURSE

This works for me, targeting different (not common) folders :-

[*UserProfile]LangSecRef=3024DetectFile=%USERPROFILE%Default=FalseFileKey1=%APPDATA%\Macromedia\Flash Player\|*.*|RECURSEFileKey2=%USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\Temp\|*.*|RECURSE

Alan

thanks guys for your suggestions but no go.

andavari, i was hopeful but the it doesn't even locate the files for deletion. thanks anyway.

alan b, that was my original thought too. the only problem is that i have to specify every folder that has the file. it might as well be done manually.

what i'm doing now is a manual search on My computer for *.sfk or *.pek and whatever is found i delete. i'm trying to find a way to automate this task on a regular schedule. any ideas on how i can do this?

thanks for your suggestions.