Ccleaner and Firefox 3.5.1 and Passwords....

John Grey

Since I installed firefox 3.5.1 my computer no longer remembers passwords. F explains that this is intentional for "security reasons".

As a result cookies also do not reach Ccleaner any longer and can no longer be transferred to the "keep cookies" site---

I want my passwords to be saved, but I suppose without being able to allow cookies to trusted sites, I cannot save them? Is that correct?

Is there a way around this? Is there any way to go on saving passords now? Or do I simply have to re-install the older version of firefox again...?

Thanks JG

I do not have this problem with Firefox 3.5.1. What version of CCleaner are you using?

I have solved it now, it had nothing to do with Ccleaner.

Firefox, as from 3.0.12 has disabled the storing of passwords, for security reasons they hav the nerve to tell me---

I found a few others who have had the same problems and hate to be told by a some software geek how to run his browser and his computer security. We have now all installed 3.0.11, which seems to be the last version that does not force this idiocy, and everything is fine....

Thanks for trying to help, JG