Network Computer and CCleaner

shibaboy

Hello, it has been a while since I have been here but I need to ask you a question. I have had the CCleaner on the lap top I always use but not on our Desk top Computer. I finally put the CCleaner on the Desktop and have a question about how the CCleaner works.

On the Desktop, I log in on my side of the computer and have the programs that I want to use, and my husband logs in on his side and has his programs he likes. When I use the CCleaner that I installed on my part of the computer does it clean the entire computer, does it go through all of his programs too? I know this may be a silly question but while the cleaning process was going on, I saw my name mentioned on some of the cleaned items but did not see my husbands. I did see the word "shared" but not sure it that only applies to our "shared documents and picture files" or all of the programs in the computer. Thank you for your help. Shibaboy

Look at the Analysis.

You are the only one that can clean what is located in your profile

eg C:\Documents and Settings\Shibaboy\

Anything else is outside your profile, and assuming your husband is an administrator, you can both see the same and clean the same.

If he is NOT administrator then I protest on behalf of men ! ! !

Many programs use the user profile, but some (especially portable applications) do not.

Regards

Alan