unknown accounts on vista

hello2007

its hard to get help on this but im going to try. Whenever i right click on any file and go to properties and then security tab i always see my two normal accounts with username and then i see two accounts that i deleted in the past that are called account unknown in the security tab. I already deleted these accounts and they dont appear anywhere but the security tabs on any file i right click. How can i remove this. I figured i can click edit and then remove them which i did but it didnt work they just reappear. I remember back before i deleted these accounts i played with the permissions on the account because i was doing something and i think maybe thats why they are still showing on the properties of files

avast, avira, malwarebytes, ad-aware, superantispyware, windows defender--------paragon, macrium reflect, ubuntu, terabyte

I believe that you may have to remove the account user permissions in Properties -> Security in the root directory in Computer by right clicking on the actual drive and not on any individual file. This is for Vista, I couldn't say whether it's the same for XP etc (where you would have to look in My Computer).

But if no harm is being caused then why not leave well alone? If you do something wrong then you could cause all sorts of problems. At the very least, back up everything (files etc) first before messing with security settings.

Right clicking on any file on my computer then choosing Properties -> Security, I normally see just four Group or User Names (I only have the one user account on my computer). These are:

Authenticated Users

SYSTEM

Administrators (<computer name>\Administrators)

Users (<computer name>\Users)

and each with its own set of permissions.

these are the basic four group or user names that should be seen as far as I am aware, though certain types of files may have one or two additional group or user names and shared files have an additional one possibly called Everyone. I assume you are seeing more than just the basic four? Or four like me but with different names?

if i click on a file yes i see

system

account unknown

inspiron

account unknown

administrator

avast, avira, malwarebytes, ad-aware, superantispyware, windows defender--------paragon, macrium reflect, ubuntu, terabyte