nother Critical Vulnerability in Firefox discovered

aqua

I think people are becoming too security-aware. The more it's announced, the more some idiot script-kiddie is likely to find a program to take advantage of it. There's going to be critical vulnerabilities in everything we use, and saying 'watch out' will just make people paranoid and avoid the program.

Regardless, thanks for the point-out, but I am not scared of coming across anything that this could possibly affect (effect? infect?) me with. NoScript usually does a good job of watching my back.

Fantasy is the celebration of what we no longer are: individuals certain of our meaningfulness in a meaningful world. The wish-fulfillment that distinguishes fantasy from other genres is not to be the all-conquering hero, but to live in a meaningful world. The fact that such worlds are enchanted worlds, worlds steeped in magic, simply demonstrates the severity of our contemporary crisis.
Scott R. Bakker, Why Fantasy and Why Now?

RPG Codex - Putting the 'Role' back in RPG.

The Age of Decadence - A game everyone should look forward to.

• Moderators

Vulnerabilities and the ensuing fixes are a browser's way of life unfortunately.

A fact which makes using that extra level of "Virtual" protection with programs like Sandboxie and Returnil, probably one worth thinking about.

Links in my signature for anyone interested.

thanks for your opinion,,and like it ot not,firefox will have to fix this.

I never once said that Mozilla shouldn't fix it, I just said that everyone publicly announcing it only allows the script kiddies who know very little about web vulnerabilities the knowledge on how to utilize it via popular websites. That was my point, not some sort of "I THINK WE SHOULD COMPLETELY IGNORE SECURITY VULNERABILITIES IN WEB BROWSERS."

Vulnerabilities and the ensuing fixes are a browser's way of life unfortunately.

This is both true and unfortunate, indeed.

A fact which makes using that extra level of "Virtual" protection with programs like Sandboxie and Returnil, probably one worth thinking about.

Links in my signature for anyone interested.

Noted. I've been playing with Sandboxie for awhile, but I've never even looked at Returnil (I just reinstalled Windows for the first time in 2 years after using Linux, and nothing but).

Fantasy is the celebration of what we no longer are: individuals certain of our meaningfulness in a meaningful world. The wish-fulfillment that distinguishes fantasy from other genres is not to be the all-conquering hero, but to live in a meaningful world. The fact that such worlds are enchanted worlds, worlds steeped in magic, simply demonstrates the severity of our contemporary crisis.
Scott R. Bakker, Why Fantasy and Why Now?

RPG Codex - Putting the 'Role' back in RPG.

The Age of Decadence - A game everyone should look forward to.

• Moderators

I use both, but not at the same time, although I'm sure that can be done with no conflict.

Sandboxie I use for everyday browsing, mainly because I like it's ability to allow direct access for bookmarks and wand passwords, as well as quite a few other user configurable settings.

Returnil is used for testing new software. To be able to install and fully run any program that doesn't require rebooting, and then to clear out every last vestige of that said software with a reboot, is just the epitome of complex simplicity.

Does that description make sense?

How it does what it does with so small an install, is forever a credit to the developers of the program, and to also make that operation simplicity itself from the users point of view is what I'm trying to say.

I guess I'm a fan. :)

I use both, but not at the same time, although I'm sure that can be done with no conflict.

Sandboxie I use for everyday browsing, mainly because I like it's ability to allow direct access for bookmarks and wand passwords, as well as quite a few other user configurable settings.

Returnil is used for testing new software. To be able to install and fully run any program that doesn't require rebooting, and then to clear out every last vestige of that said software with a reboot, is just the epitome of complex simplicity.

Since joining this forum and thanks to DennisD, I discovered these two wonderful programs. Taking my cue from DennisD, I use the programs in the same manner that he does. Works great.