IE8 cookie problem

jimmy111

I'm using ccleaner 2.21.940 with preserve favorites website data turned off in ie8. When I clean my computer with ccleaner and then reboot I have to relogin to all my sites. When I was using ie7 and cleaned my computer and rebooted this never happened. I thought if I was using ccleaner I would never lose my cookies no matter what as long as they were in the saved list. What could be wrong here?

I'm using ccleaner 2.21.940 with preserve favorites website data turned off in ie8. When I clean my computer with ccleaner and then reboot I have to relogin to all my sites. When I was using ie7 and cleaned my computer and rebooted this never happened. I thought if I was using ccleaner I would never lose my cookies no matter what as long as they were in the saved list. What could be wrong here?

Well, the first thing I leanred is that they may as well take away all the gadget s up top, as they don't work worth a damn! I couldn't even bring up a larger font, something as simple as that!

Anyway, Jimmy. I agree with you 100%! That's the reason I came over to find out why I have to do all this logging in all of a sudden.

I'm not too hopeful though, becasue I see you've been left hanging for about 26 hours! Why should I be surprised?

• Moderators
Well, the first thing I leanred is that they may as well take away all the gadget s up top, as they don't work worth a damn! I couldn't even bring up a larger font, something as simple as that!

Anyway, Jimmy. I agree with you 100%! That's the reason I came over to find out why I have to do all this logging in all of a sudden.

I'm not too hopeful though, becasue I see you've been left hanging for about 26 hours! Why should I be surprised?

Do you realize this forum is manned by volunteers, including the moderators, who are willing to give up their valuable free time to help people with virtually any computer problem besides CCleaner, Defraggler and Recuva?

The members are from all corners of the globe, which means we're on at different times of the day and night, and it's also a pretty busy place with other more patient people with more pressing problems asking for help.

Further to that, if you did a little research before you come on here with your "Why should I be surprised" attitude, you would find that this is a widespread IE8 problem, and not directly a CCleaner one.

Piriform Links:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&cli...mp;oq=&aqi=

Other Links:

http://www.google.com/search?client=opera&...-8&oe=utf-8

Spend some time time going through the already posted information, and you just may learn something about your issue.