CCCleaner does not clean all of my history

Keith Howie

Hi,

I am struggling trying to find out how to delete history that appears in the address bar drop down. I am running IE 8 on Vista and have internet settings set to delete history on exit and retain history for 0 days. I have uninstalled IE8 and the problem remains on IE7. I reinstalled IE8 and the problem remains. I reset IE8 settings and the problem remains.

I tried CC Cleaner and even though the Index.dat files delete, I still have the same old history entries on my drop down. The small x that lights up when you mouse over each entry will delete the entry but the next time you open the drop down it is back.

Can anyone help me get rid of this stuff?

Thanks

Keith :(

It's called the AutoComplete dropdown list. To clear: IE8 > Tools > Internet Options > Content > AutoComplete Settings > Delete AutoComplete history > [select items to delete] > Delete

You can set "Use AutoComplete for" to not record these entries in the first place.

Thanks for your help but found a solution that finally works.

Start Menu > Control Panel > Indexing Options > Select Internet Explorer History > Press Advanced > Press Restore Defaults. You are asked to reboot and the history is gone when when the machine comes back.

Thanks

Keith :rolleyes: