Unable to clean

splash

I have a lot (perhaps hundreds) of these 0 byte files that CCleaner is not removing. I am having chkdsk errors with pages of these temporary internet files. How can I get ride of them?

C:\Documents and Settings\Tracey\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\OAQRYEUJ\p4b_p4_36[1].jpg 0 bytes

C:\Documents and Settings\Tracey\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\OAQRYEUJ\p4b_p4_37[1].gif 0 bytes

C:\Documents and Settings\Tracey\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\OAQRYEUJ\reality_1[1].jpg 0 bytes

Can I delete the temp internet files folder and create a blank folder?

I have run 3 different brand of virus scan as well

• Moderators

If Internet Explorer, or your system has frozen or ever crashed while Internet Explorer is open it can easily corrupt files, which in turn can be difficult to remove after that, however I don't see why CCleaner isn't able to remove them.

First use make sure Internet Explorer is closed! Next use Internet Explorer's tools by right clicking the Internet Explorer desktop icon, select Properties, and then click Delete Files. Optionally if you wish you can also click Delete Cookies and Clear History.

---

If all else fail's this "may, or may not work" however it's worth a try, no gaurantee's:

Open a Command Prompt and paste the next two lines one at a time and press enter after you've pasted each line:attrib -r -h -s "C:\Documents and Settings\Tracey\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\OAQRYEUJ\*.*"del /q "C:\Documents and Settings\Tracey\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\OAQRYEUJ\*.*"

Then run CCleaner again to make sure the files are gone.

If Internet Explorer, or your system has frozen or ever crashed while Internet Explorer is open it can easily corrupt files, which in turn can be difficult to remove after that, however I don't see why CCleaner isn't able to remove them.

First use make sure Internet Explorer is closed! Next use Internet Explorer's tools by right clicking the Internet Explorer desktop icon, select Properties, and then click Delete Files. Optionally if you wish you can also click Delete Cookies and Clear History.

---

If all else fail's this "may, or may not work" however it's worth a try, no gaurantee's:

Open a Command Prompt and paste the next two lines one at a time and press enter after you've pasted each line:attrib -r -h -s "C:\Documents and Settings\Tracey\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\OAQRYEUJ\*.*"del /q "C:\Documents and Settings\Tracey\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\OAQRYEUJ\*.*"

Then run CCleaner again to make sure the files are gone.

*burst into tears* no it didnt work, they are still there

When I go to Temporary Internet Files no folders are showing (I have show hidden files set). The properties of Temporary Internet Files says there are 2070 files and 14 folders there but I can only see (now) 116 files

• Moderators
The properties of Temporary Internet Files says there are 2070 files and 14 folders there but I can only see (now) 116 files

The only think I can think of now is to run the built-in Internet Explorer tools that allow you to delete files, etc., personally I would press all of the cleanup tool buttons labeled Delete Cookies, Delete Files, Clear History.

And then I'd do exactly what jccomputer stated: "u can also try to run CCleaner in safe mode......."