System Restore feature in Ver 219.900

oldufer

Ok, what am I doing wrong or not doing right? Whenever I click on Tools>System Restore, I get a blank window. There are System Restore Points in my computer. I use Win XP Pro and IE 7. :blink:

If the program freezes you probably have too many points. Do this Start->Right click My computer-> Properties->System Restore->Click Turn off for all drives->Apply->Uncheck Turn off for all drives->apply

The computer is mightier than the sword

link1.gif link1.gif

Click here for cool stuff

• 2 weeks later...
If the program freezes you probably have too many points. Do this Start->Right click My computer-> Properties->System Restore->Click Turn off for all drives->Apply->Uncheck Turn off for all drives->apply

I get a blank page as well with 2.19.900 and 219.901.

Win XP SP3.

Added:

It may be not the number of restore points but whether one or more is corrupted.

I had less restore points because I had deleted loads when it worked with ver 2.19.889 so I removed 219.901 and reinstalled 2.19.889, to check but still the blank page.

Reinstalled 219.901

Used Windows System Restore to delete all the old restore points, then created a new one, which then it showed in CCleaner.

• Moderators

As touched upon by comper6, I wonder how many restore points you guys have?

I'm on XP Home SP3, and the window takes a few seconds to populate with 7 checkpoints, but it does populate. Short of that, it's a "don't know why" from me at the moment.

Just to add some info. I have 3 restore points and CC showed me a blank page with v2.19.90. Running Vista Business x86.

Then I opened System Resore and closed it. Ran CC and the page was then populated with the restore points. I noticed 2 services I had set to manual were running. Protected Storage and Volume Shadow Copy. Im wondering if one or both of those services needs to be running for CC to access SR points?

I'll try to reproduce the behavior and post back if I find anything else. The only reason I can see why deleting all restore points works, is because when opening sys restore the required services are started.

• Moderators

It shouldn't be the number of points. I've just checked and counted and I have 58 on XPHSP3, and it takes around 2 secs to load. CC's sys restore has never failed to load OK. But I am on 899, I'll update and look again.

(I don't want 58 points, half a dozen would do, I'm down to 1% sys restore size and can't go any lower.)

OK Updated to 901. Boy, this is fast. All 58 points in the blinking of an eye. Could do with a sort on date/time, but no hurry.

I noticed something else. Maybe someone who has the problem can try this also... I opened CC after rebooting. The system restore tab was empty. I clicked on 'Startup' and after the items loaded I clicked on system restore again. This time after a second or two, the list populated with the restore points.

Im at a loss to explain that one.

Augeas: +1 for the sort by date/time (seems the setting is not remembered between CC sessions. I thought it was just me)