How do i assure files are unrecoverable?

hell0

• Moderators

What bad files? If you mean the files that CC is configured to delete, then tick the Secure Deletion option in Options/Settings. One overwrite will do. Then run CC as usual.

• Moderators

By unrecoverable we mean, of course, that they will be recoverable but will contain none of the original data, incriminating or otherwise. CC secure deletion overwrites the file names but leaves folder info in some cases: Recuva secure deletion leaves the file names and folder info untouched.

By unrecoverable we mean, of course, that they will be recoverable but will contain none of the original data, incriminating or otherwise. CC secure deletion overwrites the file names but leaves folder info in some cases: Recuva secure deletion leaves the file names and folder info untouched.

If, in the past, ive deleted files and cookies etc... useing IE, are thier any files I need to enter manually to make sure all incriminating materal is unrecoverable by anyone?

• Moderators

In order of annoyance:

Use Recuva standard scan, check all files, and use secure deletion to overwrite previously deleted files pointed to by the MFT. Fast. Not comprehensive. Doesn't touch small files held entirely in the MFT.

Use Recuva deep scan to find all files in the MFT and all file fragments on the disk. Check all files, and use secure deletion to overwrite. Overwrites all files on the disk, but deep scan is a long process, as is I assume the overwrite. Doesn't touch small files held entirely in the MFT.

Use CCleaner wipe free space. Overwrites all free space on the disk and ipso facto all previously deleted files. Thorough, but takes yonks to run to completion. Possibly overwrites small files held entirely in the MFT, but I've never run it so can't be sure.

There may be other incriminating material held in the pagefile, hiberfile, syslogs etc which the overwriting process doesn't touch. Most will go with continued use of your pc. Your ISP, and thus our liberal government, know where you've been anyway but you're not that important, are you?