Opera URLs

jwall

• Moderators

Are you referring to the awful drop down menu?

If so, I disabled mine.

Type opera:config in the address bar, and scroll down to "User Prefs" and click on it.

Scroll down to Auto Dropdown, and uncheck the box.

Important: Scroll down to the bottom of User Prefs and select "save". That's it.

Hope that helps.

Thanks, I know about that. It sounded to me like (in the what's new) there would be an option right in ccleaner to delete these recently typed URLs, like cookies or history, for example.

delete the Opera recently typed URLs

To my mind, "recently typed URLs" are the "History"!

Maybe I'm dumb!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Opera complete my URLs while I'm typing it in...

When I run CCleaner with "Delete Opera History", Opera don't!

Isn't that what you what?!?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:blink: I'm still confused!!! :blink:

I'm probably the dummy. It just sounded to me like there would be a seperate catagory like cookies, for example, but apparanly not and like you say, the URLs are in the history.

I didn't undrstand correctly. Looking at the analysis, I see it now.

I'm probably the dummy.

A dummy write a stupid answer...

A brainiac is asking!

Dummy: I can - you can't!

Looking at the analysis, I see it now.

Damn, I'm pacified.. I "FEEL GOOD"!! :P

In my mind (to my mind, in my opinion, to my opinion)... I don't know... I think, Opera is based on the ms internet explorer, so you are able to delete "Cookies", "Cache" and "History" in the Opera section, others in the internet explorer section!

- Hopefully, I'm not a dummy now! :( -

• Moderators

Those URL's are the most stubborn thing I've came across on a computer.

Having everything ticked in the CCleaner "Opera" section will not get rid of them. They are supposed to be kept in a file called "global.dat", and if you delete that file, they're gone, but I've deleted that file and they remain.

The maddening thing is, links to sites you have never visited can pop up in that list.

Everytime you visit a website, the page will bring up advertisement pages, java applets, popups, and other active content on the page. Some are worse than others. All those sub-links to advertisement, etc. are recorded in the History section of the browser..

Unless the sublinks on a webpage are blocked somehow, such as a using a HOSTS file, popup blocker, etc., they will continue to show up in the History.

To confirm this quote I came across, I've found links to sites in that list I've never heard of, never mind visited. So out of sight, out of mind, I disable it.