Defraggler Instalation Problem

Barrington

I repeatedly tried to upgrade the previous version of Defraggler to 1.08.132, but it consistently wouldn't work, despite trying to download the latest software using different websites.

A bug (error) message kept on occurring giving me the option to either; ignore or cancel.

By luck (magic) it has now hopefully downloaded version: 1.08.132, but why did it consistently failed countless times before downloading the latest version - I never did get past the bug (error) section - The only explanation that it downloaded the latest version in the background - by passing the dialogue box that contained the bug.

I was not registered. My Computer system:- PIII, 600MHz, Office Ultimate 2007, 4GB spare, 384 MB RAM, & Windows XP Pro. The Recuver and CCleaner downloaded their latest softwares properly so why didn't the Defraggler download without any problem?

What caused the problem?

Probably two other problems occurred:

1) After a certain percentage of defragmentation (about eg 24% or 74%) Defraggler would not actually defragment

A) Verified because the squares stopped changing colours, despite leaving defraggler to process

over night when usually just takes minutes to defragment.

SOLUTION: I eventually uninstalled version 1.08.132 and then reinstalled it - All problems were solved, despite that Piriform claimed that uninstallation is not necessary.

Despite that CCleaner and Recuva appears to be working properly I shall uninstall those apllications and reinstall them also.

I have replied to my own question, because other people are probably having the same problems.

The problem that I have now is how to enter this message. If I have duplicated any messages than the administrator can delete and also state where I can find the correct page that gives instruction of adding messages.

• Moderators

Here is some help for you here about posting, more info can be obtained on forum usage by clicking on the 'help' area next to where is says 'members' and 'search' top right of forum page.

http://forum.piriform.com/index.php?act=He...E=01&HID=13

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com