Options -> Cookies

dvdchas

I've been using CCleaner for a few weeks now. I'd heard of it years ago, but for some reason I didn't pick it up.

Anyway great product. I spent quite a while using the Cookies to keep screen which seems to work great btw.

One enhancement I'd like to see is for the Cookies to be ordered in reverse domain name. E.g.:-

microsoft.com

eviljunk.microsoft.com

www.nany.com

microsoft.virusrus.com

rather than:-

eviljunk.microsoft.com

microsoft.com

microsoft.virusrus.com

www.nany.com

This way all the microsoft stuff is toether, and users don't get conned into adding virusrus.com to there cookies to keep.

Another nice thing would be a search box. E.g. typing *microsoft* would highlight:-

eviljunk.microsoft.com

microsoft.com

microsoft.virusrus.com

Or typing microsoft.com would highlight:-

eviljunk.microsoft.com

microsoft.com

Thanks

Rob (Thinks crossed for a feature enhancement)

• 3 months later...
One enhancement I'd like to see is for the Cookies to be ordered in reverse domain name. E.g.:-

microsoft.com

eviljunk.microsoft.com

www.nany.com

microsoft.virusrus.com

Replying to my own post.

Anyone else think this is a good idea?

Welcome to Piriform Rob.

microsoft.com

eviljunk.microsoft.com

www.nany.com

microsoft.virusrus.com

rather than:-

eviljunk.microsoft.com

microsoft.com

microsoft.virusrus.com

www.nany.com

Well Rob there are two ways to show data in a ListBox which is what the Cookies to Delete is. 1) add all files as they are found. 2) Use a Sorted method which sorts them alphabetically. CC use the option 2.

You should learn to use the Cookies to Delete as and when. When you use a site that you need your cookies to be saved go into Options\Cookies find the site and move it to Cookies to Keep then you can forget about it.

I down really see any advantage in sorting them company wise. Its just the same as file sort by date/modified in Explorer. Win98SE shows the newest files at the top all other versions show the newest at the bottom which I hate. ;)

Keith

Windows XP 2002 SP3

IE 7.0

Martin2k

Rorshach112 is the best

• 2 weeks later...
I down really see any advantage in sorting them company wise.

The main reason I can see for ordering this alternate way, is due to the way various ad sites and fradulent websites put the name of someone elses company at the beginning of a domain name. e.g. barclays.banking.thisisareallydodgeyhacksite.com

Additionaly it would mean all subdomains for sites you really trust are grouped together rather than being split up. e.g. news.piriform.com and forum.piriform.com would be together.

You've only got to look at IE8 to see why this is a good idea. They now grey out most of the URL highlighting only the root domain ;-)

P.S. I'm a developer as well (c#, old school vb, sql etc). I could probably help out with a sorting alorithm if you wanted it.

Win98SE shows the newest files at the top all other versions show the newest at the bottom which I hate. ;)

I'd hate that as well.

Win98SE shows the newest files at the top all other versions show the newest at the bottom which I hate. ;)

I'd hate that as well.

Well ALL versions of Windows after Win98SE list files that way so they are all crap if you can't adjust how you want to see files. I know you can click the Name bar and it reverses the order but why should you have too? ;)

Keith

Windows XP 2002 SP3

IE 7.0

Martin2k

Rorshach112 is the best