[Feature REQ] Smart Lists

Sturmeh

Defraggler currently allows you to specify file types that should be pushed to the back of the hard drive.

What I would also like to see is the option to push the contains of specific directories to the back of the hard drive.

For example, I archive 'everything' I download on the web, from the latest Defraggler updates to the NVIDIA drivers, and usually I only use these things once, this goes along with a lot of other junk and scrap files that I do not delete simply because I have so much space.

I believe in the usual use/fragmentation and defragmentation processes these small yet plentiful files get nested in between a whole lot of more important blocks of files.

If I could simply specify defraggler to push all these fairly infrequently accessed files to the back of the harddrive by telling it where they are stored. In my case it would be the Downloads folder, everything gets downloaded to my desktop, and then when I'm done with them I drop them in the downloads folder, which would eventually be moved to the back.

At the moment all I can do is specify extra large exe files on one disk to be moved to the back. ( Or do them individually. )

Defraggler currently allows you to specify file types that should be pushed to the back of the hard drive.

What I would also like to see is the option to push the contains of specific directories to the back of the hard drive.

For example, I archive 'everything' I download on the web, from the latest Defraggler updates to the NVIDIA drivers, and usually I only use these things once, this goes along with a lot of other junk and scrap files that I do not delete simply because I have so much space.

I believe in the usual use/fragmentation and defragmentation processes these small yet plentiful files get nested in between a whole lot of more important blocks of files.

If I could simply specify defraggler to push all these fairly infrequently accessed files to the back of the harddrive by telling it where they are stored. In my case it would be the Downloads folder, everything gets downloaded to my desktop, and then when I'm done with them I drop them in the downloads folder, which would eventually be moved to the back.

At the moment all I can do is specify extra large exe files on one disk to be moved to the back. ( Or do them individually. )

Great idea I like this can come handy.

Yeah, I would like this feature. I actually made this same suggestion in the Defraggler Suggestions thread a bit ago... Hopefully someone's reading that and can implement that feature as I think it would be really nice. Defraggler is a great program, but there is some room for improvement. I think this is one of those features.