Cannot use the Wipoe free space facility

Alastor

I nave the latest CCleaner V2.17.853, but unfortunately I cannot use the latest addition....Wipe Free space. It's only slightly visible and I cannot even click on it. Any suggestions? Please help!!!!

Thanks in advance;)))

• Moderators

Do you mean the drive selection is sized to small? If so resize or maximize the CCleaner window which will also make the drive selection area larger.

Examples (click to enlarge):

CCleaner sized at its smallest:

7a896f29707580.gif

CCleaner re-sized larger:

cb356529707581.gif

Do you mean the drive selection is sized to small? If so resize or maximize the CCleaner window which will also make the drive selection area larger.

Examples (click to enlarge):

CCleaner sized at its smallest:

7a896f29707580.gif

CCleaner re-sized larger:

cb356529707581.gif

Andavari, thanks:)) I did that, as you suggested, and bingo!!! I CAN NOE SEE IT....But....There is another question. There is nothing to click on that section, after choosing Drive C. Is the free space automatically wiped , when you "run the Cleaner", or is there other an another mechanism to wipe the free space?

Once again, thanks a million, for your answer and in anticipation for your next answer:))))

• Moderators

I don't want to pinch Andav's glory, but the wipe free space function is enabled by ticking the (last) box in the Cleaner/Windows/Advanced panel. And then run CC as usual. WFS will take some hours, dependiong on the size and speed of your disk. Let it run to conclusion.

(PS Sorry AV, I didn't realise that everyone was up on this bright and sunny morning! That's a good point about unticking the box. Perhaps CC should auto reset the box when the run completes, or on pgm startup?)

• Moderators
There is nothing to click on that section, after choosing Drive C. Is the free space automatically wiped , when you "run the Cleaner", or is there other an another mechanism to wipe the free space?

If it's only showing C:\ on your system that's the only drive it's detecting that can have the wipe free space function work on. Of course if you have another hard disk or hard disk partition it should see those, if you have those on your system.

Enabling Wipe Free Space is actually a two-part configuration:

1. You have to enable the drive(s) you want wipe free space to run on, as seen here in 'Options->Settings' (if you only have drive C:\ then you'll only need to configure this once):

cb356529707581.gif

2. To actually wipe the free space on your selected drive(s) you must then enable 'Wipe Free Space' under 'Cleaner->Windows->Advanced' by ticking this box (just remember to immediately untick that box once it has finally finished, otherwise each CCleaner run will take a very long time!):

b33fe329714875.gif

• Moderators
I don't want to pinch Andav's glory, but the wipe free space function is enabled by ticking the (last) box in the Cleaner/Windows/Advanced panel.

I knew that. The "problem" if it can be called that is some people new or otherwise to CCleaner may not know yet that it's a two-part configuration in order to make it work, the other two-part config is of course 'Custom Files and Folders'.

I knew that. The "problem" if it can be called that is some people new or otherwise to CCleaner may not know yet that it's a two-part configuration in order to make it work, the other two-part config is of course 'Custom Files and Folders'.

Andavari, Augea, thanks a million, once again;))) It's up and running now (Wiping free Space).....

Augea, the stables are to be cleaned!!!!

Nice nom de plume you have. are you of Greek extraction, by any chance? If yes, then....S'eyxaristw poly file mou;)))

Cheers:)))

• Moderators

No, English with Irish roots. It's the usual problem when signing up to a BBS, what to call oneself. I just thought that Augeas was pertinent to CC, although he (or his cattle) did the dirtying, not the cleaning, so perhaps not so apposite after all. Augeas and I have the same approach to cleaning, don't do any, although for Augeas the consequence was death. Ah, Greek mythology on a Sunday morning, what better way to start the day.

Ah, Greek mythology on a Sunday morning, what better way to start the day.

Watch out for Heracles and the Ides of March.

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." - Albert Einstein

IE7Pro user