new updater?

holland

I like your program's very much.

You updated it very quickly, and that's good.

The only problem is when you open Ccleaner, you will see often new updates.

Then you must install the update manualy (next, next, finish).

Is it not possible to make an automatic update, like the update mechanism of Firefox?

If you have installed the slim version, you will get through the automatic update mechanism the new slim version.

Or if you have the normal build, you get the normal build, with the same settings if you have now.

For example, non Recycle bin option by installing.

Is that possible to realize?

I like your program's very much.

You updated it very quickly, and that's good.

The only problem is when you open Ccleaner, you will see often new updates.

Then you must install the update manualy (next, next, finish).

Is it not possible to make an automatic update, like the update mechanism of Firefox?

If you have installed the slim version, you will get through the automatic update mechanism the new slim version.

Or if you have the normal build, you get the normal build, with the same settings if you have now.

Is that possible to realize?

Is there nobody who agree with me?

Is there nobody who agree with me?

It's not that big of a deal to me to manually update these programs. Don't know about everyone else.

There's always an exception to the rule. I'm that exception.

Desktop ----- AMD Athlon 3700+ (2.64Ghz), 2GB DDR 400, ASUS A8N-SLI Premium, 500GB HD, Windows XP Pro SP3, Avira Antivir Personal

At work ----- Intel C2D T1700 (1.6Ghz), 2GB DDR2 667, Dell OUY141, 80GB HD, Windows XP Pro SP2, Symantec 10

Laptop ----- Intel C2D P8400 (2.4 Ghz), 4GB DDR3 1066, Mainboard, 160GB HD, Dualboot: Windows 7/openSUSE 11.1, Avira Antivir Personal

link1.gif

• Moderators

What you're asking for is something I've wanted for a very long time now which is for the installer to remember previously selected options during installation so we could use the same settings when updating if wanted. It's like what Foobar2000 uses that allows end-users to select the Previous Installation settings, which would be more than welcomed in my book.

The auto update bit would be nice, however just considering the size of CCleaner.exe you'll instantly see it's much larger in filesize than the Slim build setup .exe file. So it would cost Piriform more bandwidth, and more bandwidth equals more money to host an auto update feature than only downloaded the newer files.

The auto update bit would be nice, however just considering the size of CCleaner.exe you'll instantly see it's much larger in filesize than the Slim build setup .exe file. So it would cost Piriform more bandwidth, and more bandwidth equals more money to host an auto update feature than only downloaded the newer files.

But CCleaner saves it's settings on the computer

and I don't think that adding a code to download and install will be that big.

;)

• 1 month later...

I've been wanting this since like forever and every time Piriform have come up with some pathetic excuse not to get down to integrating it. For the record, I develop software and yes you might create a dll dependency but it would not add a substantial increase to file sizes. As for bandwidth - well Amazon S3 may well be cheaper than their current provider so there really is no excuse for this.

Piriform are taking Release Early, Release Often just too far. There seems to be a new version of the software nearly every time I use it; most are bugfixes, few offer any new functionality whatsoever.