May i use it to scan another partition?

augusto321

Hi there,

i've lost some rtf files created by office xp word 2002 on a partition with xp pro.

May i use recuva from a different partition of the same hd with windows Me to scan the xp partition and try to recover the lost rtf files ?

Thanks for your suggestions!

Augusto

• Moderators

If you're using WinMe and attempting to scan the WinXP partition I'd imagine it would only work if that WinXP partition is using the FAT32 file system, if it's using NTFS then WinMe wouldn't be able to access the partition. Now if you're using WinXP it shouldn't have any trouble reading the WinMe partition.

If you're using WinMe and attempting to scan the WinXP partition I'd imagine it would only work if that WinXP partition is using the FAT32 file system, if it's using NTFS then WinMe wouldn't be able to access the partition. Now if you're using WinXP it shouldn't have any trouble reading the WinMe partition.

Of course same file system, fat 32.....in any case i was wondering if using recuva from Me located in a different partition might affect the different partition where xp pro is (Note: same hd) and where i' ve lost my rtf files. Just that.

Thanks again!

A.