issue not fixed

ribotb

Hello !

When I make a "scan for issues" in the registry, this error (see attachment) is displayed, but it's never fixed. Is it a Ccleaner's bug or it's not possible to fix this error ?

Thanks

Bernard Ribot

PS : I'm french, excuse my english !

post-3422-1234530343_thumb.jpg

post-3422-1234530343_thumb.jpg

• Moderators

Are you still using Zone Alarm? If so don't get rid of the reg entry. Please read my signature for more information :)

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

• Moderators
Yes, I'm using ZoneAlarm.

You can exclude that item from being picked up by CCleaner in "Option\Exclude\Add Registry".

Follow the method in the second part of this post, which refers to your problem exactly:

http://forum.piriform.com/index.php?s=&amp...st&p=118068

EDIT: I've just remembered you can actually do the "Issues" scan, and then right click the entry you want to exclude, and select "Open In RegEdit", and then do the copy and paste

You can exclude that item from being picked up by CCleaner in "Option\Exclude\Add Registry".

Follow the method in the second part of this post, which refers to your problem exactly:

http://forum.piriform.com/index.php?s=&amp...st&p=118068

EDIT: I've just remembered you can actually do the "Issues" scan, and then right click the entry you want to exclude, and select "Open In RegEdit", and then do the copy and paste

I go to Options > Exclude > Add registry but I can't validate because the OK button is not accessible (see attachment) ?!

post-3422-1234689511_thumb.jpg

post-3422-1234689511_thumb.jpg

• Moderators

No worries, you must've missed the part in the linked to post which explained that the Hive name, in this case HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT, is already in the first small box, i.e. HKCR.

You need to delete the HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT from the start of the hive address in the next box. I don't think it makes a difference whether you delete the backwards slash or not, but either way, the OK box will then become active.

No worries, you must've missed the part in the linked to post which explained that the Hive name, in this case HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT, is already in the first small box, i.e. HKCR.

You need to delete the HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT from the start of the hive address in the next box. I don't think it makes a difference whether you delete the backwards slash or not, but either way, the OK box will then become active.

It's OK ! with all my thanks.

post-3422-1234726931_thumb.jpg

post-3422-1234726931_thumb.jpg