Cookies Problem

zcaveman

I am new at CCleaner. I ran CCleaner Analyze and Cleaner file by file on what I felt were "safe" files to delete. I do not remember checking Cookies but when I went to one of my sites, the settings were gone. When I went to my USER Cookie file it was empty!. So I went to several sites and reset my options and sign-ons and looked at the USER Cookies and I had 26 entries with my new settings. So that I would not lose these Cookies again, I went to CCleaner and selected Cookies on the Option screen to copy these special Cookies over to the do not delete list and the Cookie list contains lots more cookies than in the USER cookies list. I know that there are several instances of Cookies in the system. Is CCleaner getting the correct Cookies list for me to search through? I was expecting to only see the 26 Cookies that I found in the USER Cookies list.

Thanks.

Welcome to Piriform zcaveman.

I am new at CCleaner. I ran CCleaner Analyze and Cleaner file by file on what I felt were "safe" files to delete. I do not remember checking Cookies but when I went to one of my sites, the settings were gone. When I went to my USER Cookie file it was empty!. So I went to several sites and reset my options and sign-ons and looked at the USER Cookies and I had 26 entries with my new settings. So that I would not lose these Cookies again, I went to CCleaner and selected Cookies on the Option screen to copy these special Cookies over to the do not delete list and the Cookie list contains lots more cookies than in the USER cookies list. I know that there are several instances of Cookies in the system. Is CCleaner getting the correct Cookies list for me to search through? I was expecting to only see the 26 Cookies that I found in the USER Cookies list.

Yes when you visit sites that need a username and password it always best to save these cookies so they don't get deleted on a clean.

To start from fresh so you know what is happening. Do a clean then goto the sites that you normally use that need a username and password, login. Go back to CC and look in Options\Cookies, click on the cookies list in the Cookies to Delete ListBox and transfer with the -> button them to the Cookies to Keep Listbox. The next time you do a keep it won't delete any of your Cookies to Keep. ;)

Keith

Windows XP 2002 SP3

IE 7.0

Martin2k

Rorshach112 is the best

Welcome to Piriform zcaveman.

Yes when you visit sites that need a username and password it always best to save these cookies so they don't get deleted on a clean.

To start from fresh so you know what is happening. Do a clean then goto the sites that you normally use that need a username and password, login. Go back to CC and look in Options\Cookies, click on the cookies list in the Cookies to Delete ListBox and transfer with the -> button them to the Cookies to Keep Listbox. The next time you do a keep it won't delete any of your Cookies to Keep. ;)

That is what i was going to do. Except the Cookies to Delete box had much more than my new Cookies. It is like CCleaner is using the wrong Cookie list.