unable to run, upgrade or uninstall CC Cleaner

tata

Has anyone had this happen? I attempted to upgrade my CC Cleaner to the latest version and the exe file starts and immediately disappears. I am unable to open or uninstall cc cleaner now--it starts and immediately flashes out. I am not able to uninstall it in safe mode as I cannot enter safe mode due to the fact the person that set up the computer did not give us the password to allow us to do so--and he is no longer available to us. I ran into the same problem attempting to repair the drive with a W2K boot disk--password protected--unknown password to us.

Besides just deleting the files which will not uninstall the program from my hard drive what can I do??

I miss being able to use CC Cleaner!

Has anyone had this happen? I attempted to upgrade my CC Cleaner to the latest version and the exe file starts and immediately disappears. I am unable to open or uninstall cc cleaner now--it starts and immediately flashes out. I am not able to uninstall it in safe mode as I cannot enter safe mode due to the fact the person that set up the computer did not give us the password to allow us to do so--and he is no longer available to us. I ran into the same problem attempting to repair the drive with a W2K boot disk--password protected--unknown password to us.

Besides just deleting the files which will not uninstall the program from my hard drive what can I do??

I miss being able to use CC Cleaner!

This sounds very much like you are on a computer that is part of a "Domain" and you are prevented from installing. Is this computer at work, and do you have access to the computer that you might call "the server" which would possibly be what is the Domain Controller?

On a Windows 2000 machine that is locked down and you don't have the password this will take some work to "crack" the password and then make any changes. Before you do any of this, you'll want to back up any data that is important to you. You want to do the back up first because the chance is good that if you change your log-in, and you are on a domain, then you could loose whatever data was associated with that log-in.

I'm not real great at domains but will try to help if this is your case, and I know that the members of this board are very good and I'm sure that you'll be given a solution if possible.