NOTE: No files have been deleted yet....

barndoor

Hello all....first post here....

Ok, I've downloaded and installed the cleaner and run it.

...but when I click on the "analyze" tab, it shows everything scheduled to be deleted, but hasn't actually deleted it yet.....

What am I doing wrong here? ...

*please be gentle.... :unsure:

• Moderators

Hello barndoor :)

As you noticed, clicking analyse shows what will be cleaned.

Next step... press the ''run cleaner'' button on the bottom of the right hand side, this will carry out the deletion.

Have a read here at the new CCleaner documentation site which should help you as well, any questions just come back and ask.

http://docs.piriform.com/

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

• Moderators

You're doing nothing wrong, you are analysing the files to be deleted. To delete the files to be deleted, press the Run Cleaner button on the lower right. There will be a warning that you are about to delete files forever, click yes to this.

You don't have to run the analyse step first if you don't want to, CC will still go ahead and delete what it should.

Thanks for the replies, folks! However.....

I did that exact thing.....and it shows everything that was deleted successfully, but when I look back into analyze, it shows the list of things scheduled to be deleted....even says that they are not deleted yet.....what's up with that?

it looks as though the items have been deleted....but why does the analyze show not deleted? This worries me.....

So....everything should be fine then?

• Moderators

You should be able to

Run Analyse - get a list of stuff to be deleted

Run Cleaner - get the warning message, say yes, get the same list of stuff now saying has been deleted

Run Analyse - says zero bytes to be deleted

That's if you have your browser, especially FireFox, closed, but as there will be an error message to this effect this should be obvious.

There will be some files that are listed in Analyse that aren't actually deleted, such as index.dat files, as these are deleted at the next pc reboot time, but these won't show in the second Analyse if you haven't closed/opened CC in the meantime. Also a long list of cookies will remain if you don't close Firefox.