recovered pictures have a nomenclature

Shilo

:huh: When I recover the deleted photos I get the following: No preview avaiable.

What does that mean and hoe do I correct it so I can see the pictures.

I have Vista Home Premium.

[/size]

Mad Scientist Retired

• Moderators

The pictures may be missing a header that tells image viewing software what it is. Unfortunately I'm not aware of any software that can add in a proper header, etc., to make the images accessible again. Perhaps if anyone else does they'll post about it.

:huh: When I recover the deleted photos I get the following: No preview avaiable.

What does that mean and hoe do I correct it so I can see the pictures.

I have Vista Home Premium.

Mr. Andavari right about it. Maybe your picture file has some missing part inside it. I don't know it could work or not, because I don't have some sample file from you, try to use IrfanView program to recognize what kind of picture file type that you ever have.

Download this free picture viewer program from its website:

http://www.irfanview.com

Sorry if this suggestion not help you much.

• Moderators

I know first hand that IrfanView will detect improper extensions on pictures and offer to fix them such as if picture1.bmp should actually be picture1.png. I doubt it can fix the issue of missing parts which would mean the file is essentially corrupt. Hence the reason to make regular system backups to other storage media (secondary hard disk but not on a secondary partition, CDs, DVDs, etc.,) or to an old backup computer!