XP vs Vista

Stocker360

I don't think either is really better to be honest. Vista seems to use more ram, but the systems nowadays all have more ram so it's really a non issue. i can't think of hardly any software that doesn't work with vista at this point so it's not a deal breaker either. XP is obviously a tried and true system and it has been around long enough that everyone has explored all the little secrets and stuff in it, but for everyday stuff, like watching movies, listening to music, surfing, burning music, using software, etc......i haven't noticed a difference. we just get used to things and don't like change. and really vista isn't bad at all, it was just mostly unneeded as it didn't bring any improvements over xp that were worth the upgrade. but if you are buying a new system, you won't notice a difference. :)

XP is much better IMHO recently bought a new PC and OEM installed XP instead of Vista they said many were asking for this option. Also, as MS are getting close to launching windows 7 they must also think they got it wrong with Vista :D

Win 7 Home Premium 64 bit - IE11 - Nod32 - Mbam pro

Do you guys really think xp is better? I had a 1 gb ram, 2 gb processor in my xp system, vs the 2 gb ram 2 gb process in my vista system (and a 4 gb ram and 2.66 gb processor in my vista 64 bit system) and didn't notice any speed difference. As well, before xp, micro$oft would always put out a system every two years or so, so this is pretty much on time for what they have always done other then with xp. my 64 bit vista system is every bit as fast as my old xp, probably faster. i would say the 32 bit system is about the same speed.

I think the only big problem with vista at this point is that there is ZERO reasons to upgrade/downgrade :P from xp. it simply doesn't offer anything that xp doesn't have (except the annoying UAC which i disabled as fast as i could) and not worth spending money on. If micro$oft wants to put out a quality system, they have to either a) add a lot of really awesome features that will make people want to switch, or B) make a really slimmed down system that is sleek and fast and modern.

But MikeW makes a good point. If a new system is coming out this year you may want to wait if you are thinking of upgrading. I certainly wouldnt pay for a vista upgrade at this point.................but to be honest, i wouldn't pay for an xp downgrade (upgrade?) on a new system either. :)

I have gone through many Microsoft inflicted upgrades and now my poor antiquated hardware is not capable of running Vista so when I get left over money after paying for rent and food I will purchase a new Vista or whatever is the next best thing from Microsoft as I do not want an Apple.

I just want to use the Internet and not be a slave to it and not be another victim of Moore's Law:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moore's_law

I have a 6 year old TV that has great reception and I don't need a HD Wide Screen LCD TV to see the Discovery channel in all its glory for about $500.00

Mostly cloudy and -5C here.

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." - Albert Einstein

IE7Pro user