SRWare Iron browser support

• Moderators

I can't speak for the developers, but I suspect a browser which is a wee bit off the mainstream (my opinion, as I've never seen a mention of that one anyway but your post), may not get direct support.

However, if it's based upon Googles "Chrome" browser, which is supported by CCleaner, then it may be worth checking the location of your browsers cookies etc, and comparing them with the location of Chromes.

I did a quick search of "Chrome Browser" for you, which yielded this:

http://forum.piriform.com/index.php?act=Se...=Chrome+Browser

If you know the location of the stuff you want cleaning, you could always use CCleaners "Include File or Folder" feature to achieve what you want, and in the meantime, if the developers do have any plans to include SRWare Iron, and they do read all these posts, then I'm sure they'll post that information when and if.

Sorry I can't be more definitive than that, but I hope that helps.

• 1 month later...
  • Moderators

You could have a go at making one yourself from the ini files section of the new CCleaner guide on the Piriform Documentation site.

This is the section you need:

http://docs.piriform.com/ccleaner/advanced...eaner-ini-files

It isn't too difficult, and you are the person best placed to do it simply because you're the only person I'm aware of using that browser.

You never know, there might just be other users checking these posts who may decide to offer some input.

Thanks for the reference. I was actually responding to Vampiric's earlier post.

I just tried this browser today and it is quite good. It is a spinoff of Chromium which is also the source of Google Chrome. However, Iron does not have the privacy issues that are present with Chrome.

It doesn't have many features developed yet, but it has a lot of potential.

• Moderators
Thanks for the reference. I was actually responding to Vampiric's earlier post.

I just tried this browser today and it is quite good. It is a spinoff of Chromium which is also the source of Google Chrome. However, Iron does not have the privacy issues that are present with Chrome.

It doesn't have many features developed yet, but it has a lot of potential.

Damnation, another senior moment. I didn't realise I wasn't responding to the first poster. :lol:

But that's just between you, me, and the hundreds of folk reading this.