CCleaner doesn't remove all items

Konneva

Hi everyone!

This is my first post, and hopefully I'm in the right section. I need help with a recurring problem.

I run CCleaner daily on my laptop. About once or twice a week it will report a large amount of files that can be removed. When I run it, a far smaller number is actually cleaned. If I try to run it again immediately it says I don't have any files that can be removed.

For example, when I ran it an hour ago it said I had 297MB of files to be cleaned. But it only removed 60.17KB worth of files. Why isn't it removing everything?

I'm running CCleaner 2.14.763 on an HP laptop with Windows XP Home, with the latest service packs. I use Firefox 2.0.0.17 as my browser. I can provide screen shots if needed.

Can anyone help?

Welcome to Piriform Konneva.

I run CCleaner daily on my laptop. About once or twice a week it will report a large amount of files that can be removed. When I run it, a far smaller number is actually cleaned. If I try to run it again immediately it says I don't have any files that can be removed.

For example, when I ran it an hour ago it said I had 297MB of files to be cleaned. But it only removed 60.17KB worth of files. Why isn't it removing everything?

I think this question has been talked about many times. You could try a search for the answer but the search facility on this forum is very poor. What I mean by that is if you know the specific words you are searching for in your case delete remove files. It will search for everything containing delete, every post containing remove and every post containing files. As you can imagine that will cover most of the topics on this forum. Rather than searching all posts that contain all those words. :angry: I did a search a couple of weeks ago because I posted an app that checks memory usage and its call memory checker. So I search for memory checker because I know those two words are in that post. It returns hundreds of posts because they have memory and checker in them but not together in the same post.

What type of files are you talking about and where are they located? If you mean Windows Temp Folders then look in Options\Advanced and there is a checkbox to "Only delete files in Windows Temp folders older than 48 hours", just remove the checkmark and try again.

If you want to add a specific folder or file to be cleaned then click on Include find the folder and add it to the list.

If your using CCleaner 2.14.763 then there have been a newer version CCleaner 2.15.815 since then. Not that this will sort you problem. ;)

Keith

Windows XP 2002 SP3

IE 7.0

Martin2k

Rorshach112 is the best

Can anyone help?

Hello Konneva,

Welcome to the forums !!!

Your problem occurs many times because the user does not have all the browsers and other programs closed.

Make sure that Firefox is actually closed by looking in Task Manager.

Run CCleaner then and see if your cleaning rate does not improve.

Good luck, :) davey