CcleanerProblem

luxfarah

I have been using your fantastic softwares for more than a year, without any problems until last week, after performing a Ccleaning procedure, my usuary in the PC was unable to access the internet, the PC is clearly connected, but my usuary only cannot access the net.

Well I did all I knew to solve the problem without success, so I create a new usuary, now I cannot share the documents between the new and old acounts, and when I try to open the files they are blocked.

Can you help me please

Can you help me please

Hello luxfarah,

Welcome. :P

Have you tried restoring the Registry Issues if you use that function ?

Have you tried a System Restore to a time prior to the problem ?

Sometimes this is the quickest and best thing to do.

:) davey

1. I fully agree with Davey.

2. I do not believe CCleaner has anything to do with sharing documents between User Accounts. It is a normal Windows thing that each User Profile is private from all the rest.

If you Google "copy user profile" you will find 19,200,000 hits.

The authority is http://support.microsoft.com/kb/811151

but you may find several million are easier to follow ! !

But hopefully, System Restore will avoid all that hassle.

Regards

Alan

1. I fully agree with Davey.

2. I do not believe CCleaner has anything to do with sharing documents between User Accounts. It is a normal Windows thing that each User Profile is private from all the rest.

If you Google "copy user profile" you will find 19,200,000 hits.

The authority is http://support.microsoft.com/kb/811151

but you may find several million are easier to follow ! !

But hopefully, System Restore will avoid all that hassle.

Regards

Alan

Thanks Davey and Alan

I tryied to restore the sistem, it simple did no restore, you see it is not that the procedure did not solve the problem, the system just did not restore.

• Moderators

Hi luxfarah, and welcome from me as well.

This is one of those problems that are difficult to pin down. Although you ran CCleaner just prior to the problem occurring, it may or may not be CCleaner that was the cause.

Some more information might help, such as your Operating System, who your Internet Service Provider is, which A/V and Firewall you use?

It could also simply be a problem with your ISP, on their end. It does happen. Can you revert your system back to one account? Making another one seems to have compounded the problem.

Have you recently installed any new software, or ran any other "Cleaning" programs, Registry Cleaners in particular? It will make no difference to the help the members here will try to provide, but that knowledge could make a difference in trying to find a solution.

Also of course, which version of which browser do you use, and what exactly happens when you try to access the web? Do you get any particular error message?