Auto-backup

I don't see an option to automatically make a backup when I clean the registry. I always make backups; it would be nice not to be prompted every time.

Hi Spider,

Welcome to the Forums !!! :D

I also think that if you are going to mess with the Registry then backing up the changes should be automatic.

The option is at Options > Advanced > Show prompt to backup registry issues. The default is ON(checked). If you choose to "Fix selected issues" then you will be prompted to create a backup of the changed issues. I think the backup should be automatic but the way it is now you must reply to the prompt. If this option is not ON(checked) then there will be no prompt and no backup will be created. This is "Stupid" but that is the way it is !!! Perhaps they will put a box in the prompt reply that says "Automatically make a time-stamped backup in the default location" or something similar.

Since you appreciate backups follow this advice.

"Use of CCleaner.ini file to save CCleaner settings"

You can save and recover all your CCleaner settings from a file stored in The CCleaner folder.

This file is only created if you check the option at Options > Advanced > Save all settings to INI file.

In WinXP this is file is stored at C:\Program Files\CCleaner. The text file named (cc)leaner.ini contains all your settings.

I always recommend that the option to save the settings to INI file be set ON. You should make a backup copy and store it in another folder in case the original gets deleted. Plus it is easy to read since it is a text file. Flip the option off and back on and a new sorted version is created. This makes it easy to review and find things.

Good luck,

:) davey

P.S. Also see this link about the Registry and Registry Backups.

http://forum.piriform.com/index.php?s=&amp...ost&p=96510

Edited by davey