Prevent CCleaner from clearing my Chrome cache?

Brillion

Hello,

I need to keep CCleaner from clearing my Google Chrome cache.

Unlike Firefox/Internet Explorer, there's no special section for Google Chrome (with Cookies/Download History/etc), and I can't even find a simple checkbox.

I'm using the latest CCleaner, 2.14.750, which seems to have Google Chrome support (because running it clears my Chrome cache every time), but no way to shut it off.

Please help me.

Hello,

I need to keep CCleaner from clearing my Google Chrome cache.

Please help me.

Hello Brillion,

Welcome to the Forums !!! :P

I don't have Google Chrome so I haven't been able to observe exactly what you reference.

Are there any entries under the Applications tab for Google Chrome ? I would be interested to know the answer.

Thanks,

:) davey

Hello Davey, thanks for the reply.

I checked the Applications tab and there's no entry for Google Chrome.

The list for Internet (GetRight, Netscape Navigator, etc.) doesn't have a Chrome entry, neither does Applications, Utilities, etc.

If there were only an entry with a checkbox I could turn off, everything would be fine.

Hello Davey, thanks for the reply.

I checked the Applications tab and there's no entry for Google Chrome.

The list for Internet (GetRight, Netscape Navigator, etc.) doesn't have a Chrome entry, neither does Applications, Utilities, etc.

If there were only an entry with a checkbox I could turn off, everything would be fine.

Understood.

There are entries in some special files that can be setup. The current entries are slightly different than all the others and this may be because the developers had to make some special things for Google Chrome.

There are some members that may be able to test changing these and seeing if they can help you out.

I don't want to suggest any myself without being able to test them myself.

Hang in there for now and keep checking this thread. Don't wait for an E-mail.

:) davey

P.S. There is a new version that was released Dec. 01,2008 approx. 4:25 PM GMT .

I am not sure if that will make a difference but worth a try. You are the first person that I have heard with such a report.

P.S. There is also a Google Chrome update available today Dec 02,2008 .

The latest CCleaner shows Google Chrome on my old PIII

t2420_chrome.png

I tried running it and disabled cleaning the cookies and it works fine for me.

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." - Albert Einstein

IE7Pro user

• Moderators

Brillion, did you use a cutom location for the install of Google Chrome

Here are the Current (2.14) embedded winapp settings for Chrome

[Google Chrome - Internet Cache]Section=Google ChromeLangRef=3161Default=TrueDetectFile=%localappdata%\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exeSpecialKey1=N_CHROME_CACHE[Google Chrome - Internet History]Section=Google ChromeLangRef=3162Section = ChromeDefault=TrueDetectFile=%localappdata%\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exeSpecialKey1=N_CHROME_HISTORY[Google Chrome - Download History]Section=Google ChromeLangRef=3163Default=TrueDetectFile=%localappdata%\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exeSpecialKey1=N_CHROME_DOWNLOAD[Google Chrome - Cookies]Section=Google ChromeLangRef=3102Default=TrueDetectFile=%localappdata%\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exeSpecialKey1=N_CHROME_COOKIES[Google Chrome - Saved Form Information]Section=Google ChromeLangRef=3164Default=FalseDetectFile=%localappdata%\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exeSpecialKey1=N_CHROME_FORM

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

Problem Solved: I forgot I was using Chromium, the open source browser Chrome is based on (I guess?)

Anyway, I just went ahead and installed Google Chrome, and now it shows up just fine.

Yay for me. :)

And let that be a lesson to you Chromium users out there!

• Moderators

Woot!!! :) glad you figured that.I think somebody was working on a Chromium Winapp2

Question for you

How does Chromium differ from Chrome???

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

Chromium is basically just like Chrome, only not as tied into Google.

For instance, it doesn't load the GoogleUpdater.exe to constantly check for updates. You just go to an FTP site and download them yourself, or use the excellent Chromium Nightly Updater found here: http://dirhael.dcmembers.com/cnu

Also, the icon is shades of blue, instead of red-yellow-blue-green. That's about it.

Not very exciting, huh? ;)